1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress RTX scratchlog: done, but not final update

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Teyber, 28 Jun 2007.

1. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

Then you should be out modding and not playing on your computer!

2. Teyber

Teyber ******

i have to take frequent brakes, all i am doing now is using a power sander... and you need to take breaks with that thing lol! makes your wrists hurt...

3. Teyber

Teyber ******

got some electrica done, ill post pics later

4. Teyber

Teyber ******

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2007-07-25
    first off, this is me last weekend on vacation :D im a 8 handicap, lettered as a freshman :D

SO heres my soldering station
    [​IMG]
    Shot at 2007-07-25
    [​IMG]
    Shot at 2007-07-25
    I wrapped the endsaround the previous part in the circuit(can you call it that?) and that made it a lot more reliable. Still need to solder here, just showing you how i did the joints(if you can see it!)
    [​IMG]
    Shot at 2007-07-25
    Each led takes 3.6v, so 11v isnt perfect but close enouogh!
    [​IMG]
    Shot at 2007-07-25
    haha i was scared here! this multi meter really is handy!!!! not bad for 15 bucks eh?($)
    i was nervous... last time none worked, really dissapointing! but this time...(excuse bad pic, i put my hand in front of flash, so you can see the light better)
    [​IMG]
    Shot at 2007-07-25
    They work beautifully! im so happy! sweet...

5. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

Nice. Glad it worked for you.
    Quick Q. You said you've been working the power sander. Did the pine-sol trick not work for you?

6. Teyber

Teyber ******

i used simple green instead, and no it didn't work :(

7. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

Simple green isn't near the same. I tried Mr. Clean thinking that might work once and it didn't. Something about the pine-sol makes it work, not sure. I built a huge pumpkinhead figure once and the paint was all screwy so I had to repaint it without just going back over the old paint. My friend is a special effects artist and he said that was the trick they used when a paint job went bad. It works wonders.

8. Teyber

Teyber ******

kk ill get it next time. Im almost done with paint off though, just 1 side and a half side left of 1 panel :D

9. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

YO! how you guyz pointing and laughing at MEEEE!!! I thought he was a dude the whole time! I guess it was just a bad pic. Oh well. *cough*screw you guyz*cough cough*

10. Teyber

Teyber ******

lol i was just messin with you tribal

Wow guys! i got the "supermodder" below my name tag! im flattered!

And tribal, i was takin the pic to show you the camera, my brother was making me laugh and i look like a polish girl or soemthing :D terrible pic thats why i deleted it

11. tribaloverkill

LOL! Dude,... your hair was like super curly and puffy. It was the hair man. Its all good though. To keep this from happening again,.... you should shave your head just like me;) JOKING! Dont do that. the last thing I need is you parents knocking on my door asking WTF!

12. Teyber

Teyber ******

go to www.youtube.com and search up "dan osman" and then you will realize why im growing otu my hair

13. tribaloverkill

F@#$ that! You see that speeding climbing video!!! screw that man. No ropes,... total jumping for his next grip,... hell no. I'll stick to modding. lol

14. Teyber

Teyber ******

i know... its totally insane! he actually died recently. I love rock climbing, but i stick to boldering...

But who doesn't wan't hair like his... well, i don't want it that long but i want it longer

15. Teyber

Teyber ******

got some more goodies up my sleeve with led's also!

So, i havn't touched the frame in a week or two, since ive just been sanding the panels
    [​IMG]
    Shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT at 2007-07-25
    hahha look at the leaves all over it XD
    so finally im done sanding the paint off. Keep in mind i need to get it to look nice, but the paints off!
    [​IMG]
    You can see the front panel, bottum panel, rear panel, left panel(left side) right panel(right side) and top panel(front left)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    a possible brush effect, i don't think im going with this though. I think im giong to sand vertically with 120, then try to get the lines as straight as i can get them with 200 or 220
    so untill next time... im teyb bergundy

16. tribaloverkill

Another stupid question from tribal,... how he die? I have to admit,... I want to go my hair long too BUT! My hair gets curly at a certain length:( WhenI was younger,... and before I shaved my head for the first time,... my hair was as straight as my recently cut aluminum panels and thin too! So nice. After I shaved my head,... curly and thick as hell! I went for a hair cut once,... the chick that was cutting my hair got stuck with one of my hairs. No lie.

17. tribaloverkill

Oh and it is a nice camera:) Whats the macro distance on it?

18. Teyber

Teyber ******

im not sure the macro distance on my cam cam, i just know its a telephoto lol! to lazy to find the lense that came with it...

And he(dan) invented a sort of "slack line" dohicky where he could jump down huge clifs. Friction screwed up and the rope snapped, he died. Watch this one, about 2 or 3 minutes into it...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viy9pWTGNys

19. Teyber

Teyber ******

if you see the last thing he does when he jumps off the cliff, thats how he died

20. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

Dude was like a spider monkey! Is he the guy that got busted climbing the Hancock buliding here in Chicago?