1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Rumour: EA to announce Battlefield 1943: Pacific

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 5 Feb 2009.

1. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

A ****ing stupid! What a waste of programming to make 1943 an XBL/PSN release.

2. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

I seem to remember that when 1942 came out it only officially supported a 32 player limit yet we ended up getting ALOT more than that in the end, this could still be great as I thought there was nothing wrong with the original battlefield game play that they ruined in 2 as long as they release mod tools for it immediately after release.

I want Desert Combat: Redux dammit!

3. reflux

reflux What's a Dremel?

*sits there in silence pondering where on earth Battlefield 3 is, and why I can't play it*

4. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

When I watched the trailer I thought I'd be interested, seeing as it uses the Frostbite Engine (had a lot of a fun in BF: BC) but now after reading more about it... no thanks. I'll wait for Bad Company 2 I guess.

5. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

They added 48 player support after fixing the dedicated server tools I believe and making the game more stable.

DC Cheesecake! :rock:

6. Mister_X

Mister_X Chaotic Neutral

Oh i do love me some Battlefield. I have every single one of em, expansions and all

7. Tokukachi

Tokukachi Minimodder

*sigh* PC/Console cross platform release normally result in a console-fied PC game.

I was hoping BF3 would a) be set in contemporary times b) be a lot bigger.

There isn't much hope for the BF franchise now, EA are milking it for all its worth, and they never did fix BF2 or BF2142...

8. plagio

plagio What's a Dremel?

Most of the future games are going to be cross platform. Bare with it guys, and like I said, even if cod4 was cross platform they did a great job with it and patches to fix the PC issues were released regularly (I wish I could say the same for COD WAW). Why are you assuming this is going to be crap just because it would be available for consoles too ? I don't get it.

Also, I can not seriously believe that they will release the game with only 3 map. C'mon, it's bf3 ffs, I have been waiting for this since bf2 and now you are trying to tell me I should be upset ?

9. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

1) It's EA.

2) It's not Bf3. This is an arcade-style game which isn't being shipped on DVD. Download-only. So it's probably going to be 15-25$.

10. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

i'm a bf fanboy and have been for the last 5 or 6 years but this doesnt excite me, the graphics dont look that great imo, the proof will be in the pudding i guess.

and someone mentioned that cod5 was pc and console and it was a success, the point the fella you commented on was that only 24 players online is for a pc is bs, with a map like wake 12v12 is gash, when bf2 and 2142 support up to 64 in some cases i do believe!

peace

fatman

11. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Wow guys, stop moaning about BF3

12. Cruelinios

Cruelinios EvE Addict

exactly, 12 vs 12 on wake island would be utter s***, have fun trying to find those base camping snipers. Graphics looked standard, it is early doors yet though, guessing if it is going to look like that on the 360 then hopefully the pc version will be slightly more polished ... you'd think that they'd do that rather than limiting us to the 360's spec.

13. tank_rider

tank_rider What's a Dremel?

Excellent, this is just what I've been waiting for! Hopefully this time the trees will behave individually rather than being a block allowing much better through forest assaults.

14. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i can recognize a pattern here.... hmmm... ITS EA!!!! DAMN!!!

15. UrbanMarine

B17 bailouts here I come :)

16. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Yeah, yeah... seen it all before. Wait for the whiners to start moaning then watch DICE/EA butcher / nerf / feck it up to the point that it's no longer the game you paid for.

I played BF2 to death, then the applied patch after patch until they ruined it. Sorry EA, I'm not going to waste any more time paying for something that will ultimately turn out the way BF2 did.

17. UrbanMarine

18. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

BF 1943? Want!!

Apparently this is gonna be an XBLA release.

19. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Why is everyone going apeshit over this? It doesn't even look spectacular, and I was a fan of BF 1942 and BF 2, but this is a real letdown.

20. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

agreed i dont think it looks that great at all, some of those explosions look distinctly 2005

Tags: Add Tags