1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Rumour: Intel Ivy Bridge launch delayed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 2 Sep 2011.

1. David164v8

David164v8 Minimodder

I don't really mind. Who needs this much power anyway. Not much can use all the power we have today.

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

youd be suprised...maybe not in the fragfest cod style of games...
    but play suppreme commander with 8 players and 2000 unit cap...your processor will soon start to scream...even my friends i7 980 @ 3.9ghz cries out in pain and the game grinds to a halt...

3. Meaty Pete

Meaty Pete King of the Potato People

Yeah I think Intel have just thought why not milk sandy bridge as it turns out to be a winner. But yeah I don't think anyone actually needs the speed increase atm

4. slothy89

slothy89 MicroModder

Even my 900MHz Single core celeron netbook gets mighty hot.. Put the same system in a midtower case and it would suddenly cool down.. Strange that..
    No real rush for ivy bridge. March isnt that far off anyway.

5. TAG

TAG What's a Dremel?

fab 24 is less than 1km from my place.
    I am dissapoint :(

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Were you expecting them to open a retail outlet at the fab? ;) :p

7. TAG

TAG What's a Dremel?

No it's just bad news for the jobs on offer and the development of the area.
    With the uncertainties in Ireland at the moment, I hope they don't eventually decide to pull out entirely.

8. shuffle

shuffle What's a Dremel?

all i hear is 'im waiting to upgrade from my Q6600 to this' yep im in the same boat

9. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

if im going to replace my Q6600 it might be for this, depends on how it performs.

10. NYTerrence

NYTerrence What's a Dremel?

Brand new here guys and for sure the greenest of you all. I am an AMD fan, however drooling in anticipation over Ivy Bridge. It seems to me that the comparison should be between Bulldozer and Sandy Bridge. If the Bulldozer can hang with the i7 2600k, its a winner at $314-$320. The problem for AMD, along with any Bulldozer owner is that Intel will counter with the Sandy BridgeE. Then after all the dust settles Intel drops the freakin bomb, in the form of the tri-gate 22nm Ivy Bridge. I Love my AMD quad and would love to do another AMD build, but the writing is on the wall, Intel Ivy Bridge will be ridiculous. What will you have in your box when this thing drops? Hopefully an lga1155 or 2011 x79 maybe either

11. jones2636

jones2636 What's a Dremel?

Is it not par for new tech to be late. Now all I have to do is work out do I go down AMD Bull or wait and see what Intel IVB is like next year.

Tags: Add Tags