1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Rumour: Intel told MS to limit Win 7 netbook specs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 26 May 2009.

1. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 New Member

I'm getting seriously sick and tired of Intel lately.. -.-

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

What suits people and what they buy is often very different, Turbo. We all know that, don't we?

I agree that most people don't need the beef of a C2D just to check their mails, browse the interwebs or watch the rare YT video [HD on anything that can't even display HD is a no-go anyways] and that's why I think it's quite good to draw a line to make netbooks easily recognizable for the average consumer.
    Win7 SE = netbook, Win7 Home Basic/Premium = [sub-]notebook
    In the end I guess it's very much a question of personal preference as so many things nowadays are.
    This is, after all, "just" my opinion and I won't try to persuade anyone into thinking my way though I invite everyone. ;)

3. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

I agree with perplekks45 .. this move makes sense to me

4. hodgy100

hodgy100 New Member

Win 7 runs like Cheesecake on my samsung nc-10 even though it only has 1GB of RAM!
    I'm loving it to be honest, and imposing a limit is only going to hurt the market. what's with the 1GB ram limit????

5. perplekks45

Well, if you have more than 1GB you have to run Win7 Home instead of SE that's all. If that's a wise decision only time will tell. But judging by what I've seen so far Win7 runs great on 512MB so I really hope SE will fly on 1GB. :)

6. Evildead666

Evildead666 New Member

I didn't buy an Atom based lappy due to the Atoms 'castratedness'......
    They deliberately brought out a low power (in all senses of the word) and expect us to eat it up.

I got me a Turion x2, with 780G chipset....

Would have bought a Sony P-series, if only it had a better chipset and a CULV....the size was perfect for me...and an HDMI out.
    My Lappy currently replaces my MAIN machines desktop, so I can use Web, watch films, even BluRays, and output that via analogue to my AMP in 5.1. (need an external Asus sound card for that, currently stuck with stereo).
    That way i'm not using an OC quad for surfing the web and watching southpark... ;)

people want netbooks for just that, many people just want to surf web, email, and maybe do Skype...
    I know my parents would probably be better off with one or two netbooks than their great big PC...

7. Evildead666

Evildead666 New Member

I forgot to mention they are old and would need a 14" screen or larger....hence the a$$ of limiting them to 10"....

8. StevieC

StevieC Rising Fusion

This is a blatant attempt to sabotage Intel's competitors, AMD and VIA. The Samsung NC20 is a 12.1 inch screen netbook. This is every bit as hideous as when Microsoft announced that they were forbidding netbooks from using hybrid hard drives on Netbooks running Windows 7. How does it benefit the consumer to BAN what they're begging for?

9. perplekks45

12in is ultraportable, NOT NETBOOK! FFS!

Tags: Add Tags