1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling running a wc pump 24/7

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by harvy, 27 Mar 2007.

1. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

had my little pride & joy die on me today.

the aluminum was not as durable as it should have been for what it was graded, and the sidewall of the pump fractured due to heat cycling. Lucky for me it was at the bottom of the 830 (no wet components) and I was in attendance at the time.

needless to say I'm going to be having a very interesting conversation with the aluminum supplier about why their stuff didn't perform to standard.

2. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

ive been runing both a Ehime and a Mag Drive pump for 10 years 24/7 in one of my SALT WATER aquariums..... Just to give you the idea of life span.

3. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

hopefully....... but are you willing to risk it? thats why some people invest in flowswitches like the nice ones nexxo scored from, swissflow ( i think)

4. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

I had a pump fail (well actually my rez leaked so after an hour or so, the pump wash pushing air. The system slowly heats up and and turns itself off at around 70degs, no harm no foul. but everything that can be said has, it's more important to make sure your system is robust, no leaks, kinks etc and also make sure you treat your water teh biggest problem I had when running 24/7 was bacteria buildup.

Tags: