1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Ryzen 4750G/4650G from eBay, experiences?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Datulab, 25 Apr 2021.

1. Datulab

Datulab Human? AI? Robot?

Hi there, I'm looking to get a 4750G or 4650G for an upcoming SFF build. I understand they're mostly to be had through SI's although my local retailer does list them as well. Just not in stock.
    On eBay they can be found quite readily though, coming out of South Korea or China.

My question, does anyone have experience buying one of these chips? Price seems to match for the most part, but I'd rather not spend hundreds to receive a dud.
    I also saw the 4750G at very different price points, $450 - $550, with both of them apparently selling. Anyone have a clue what that's all about?
    Here's a link (4750G): https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=ryzen+7+4750g&_sacat=0
    (4650G): https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=ryzen+4650g&_sacat=0

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

At that price I would buy a prebuilt with it fitted from a reputable shop and rip it out, sell the other bits on, ebuyer load of xentas that had 4650g and 4750g, I almost bought one myself to do the same but purchased a 4350ge from quietpc which was good enough for me, nice and cheap too (well for the current market).

I do have a 4750ge on route from insight but they no longer have stock, the 5xxxg will be here shortly, might be why 4xxx has gone into short supply.

I have bought other processors from the likes of these ebay traders and had no issues but the price were a bit easier to swallow if it was a loss.

Last edited: 25 Apr 2021
    Datulab likes this.
  3. thewelshbrummie

thewelshbrummie Minimodder

aliexpress might be an option - dodgier than ebay as each seller makes their own listing but they do list plenty of options for 4000 series APUs and independent reviews aren't bad. Considering getting a 4790K from them just to see if I can get a bit more from my UK rig.

Obvious question though, Intel isn't an option for this build? Personally speaking I'd probably prefer to go through a reputable retailer - and if the iGPU is what you're after, there's far more options on Intel - it's the reason I now have a 10700K.

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Depends if you want an iGPU just for display or one that is actually any good to use for light games, If you want to do some gaming on Intel iGPU you want at least the UHD750 (though most Vega are still better than that) or Xe graphics which I think only come in 11th gen laptops.

The UHD630 in the 10700K is weak, fine if you are using it to wait for GPU availability but if you intend to use it as the only GPU in a SFF PC AMD APUs are better every time.

a comparision below with a 3xxx ryzen, UHD630 and UHD750, the old 3xxx APU demolished anything Intel there and the iGPU in the 4xxx is faster despite less GPU cores because they have been tweaked and have better clocks, not by a lot, but still, and obviously the Zen2 4xxx CPU cores can hold their own against a 10 series Intel CPU core, whereas the Zen+ in the 3xxx cannot really, though in gaming as shown here you wouldn't know as your CPU can't flex if your GPU is bunk.

laptops direct had some prebuilt punch something or other baseunit systems with 46/47xx PRO APU that started from £300 with no OS last week but like Ebuyer the stock just flies off the shelf, you can't dilly dally.

Last edited: 4 May 2021
    Arboreal likes this.
  5. Datulab

Datulab Human? AI? Robot?

Forgot to update this thread, not long after my local retailer had the 4650G in stock again and I was able to get one for even less than the ones on eBay. The reason I went with AMD is that I mainly need CPU power, and the 4650G has 6 cores vs the 4 cores I'd be getting on Intel (at least at a comparable price point). Plus from what I've heard the IGPU on the Ryzen processors is quite a bit better than the Intel one, but don't quote me on that.

Arboreal likes this.