1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Ryzen benchmark

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vault-Tec, 6 Feb 2017.

1. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

It seems technically Ryzen's a good product but someone has made some really dumb decisions during the finalisation phase, you don't get a consistent fan policy by adding 20°C to the tCTL on some CPU's and not other, and it seems lunacy to think restricting your interconnect fabric to the same speed as the RAM when your interconnect is being used by more than just the RAM.

3. Bhuvsta

Bhuvsta Minimodder

That's where I am too. I was planning on upgrading my 2500k to a 1700 as my motherboard failed. Now it sounds like the problems are 'features' and I'm hesitant to purchase anything.

4. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

if you listen to the tech blogs - these `problems` are subjective when the numbers are so big

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Asus X370 boards in stock at overclockers:thumb:

6. Big-_-t0ny

Big-_-t0ny What's a Dremel?

Asus Prime X370 - just sent it back to Scan as the latest BIOS update wouldn't install properly.:wallbash:

They have to test it before I get a replacement...good thing I still have my current build. Not too upset because I got it all set up with Windows and stuff, so I just have to pop the new one in. I think I'll wait a while until trying to flash it.:worried:

7. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

My Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 decided to brick itself last night, haven't ruled out the PSU yet as haven't had the chance but was running perfectly then crashed and now the board doesn't receive any power :wallbash:

and of course OCUK don't have stock to sort out a replacement

8. dinoscothern

dinoscothern Minimodder

The spec says its got dual bios. Didn't that work? I think you can force it to revert to the old bios somehow if doesn't do it automatically. But if the mb is not getting any power ... maybe the soft pwr switch. I guess you could test the power supply separately.

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Paperclip trick on the PSU. Dual bios is either a jumper, or, after several failed boots the PC will either hop to Bios 2 or restore itself. That's how my Giga X79 board does it.

10. impar

impar Minimodder

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

12. Vault-Tec

13. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Good to see some mITX love from the mobo manufacturers. Shame there aren't any available yet, but it's not surprising given that mITX is a bit of a niche (especially when your CPU is a CPU and not an APU).

14. Vault-Tec

Yup it's all a bit slow on the mobo front. I do expect there to be Asus boards though, and possibly a Strix of some form.

15. atc95

atc95 I have the upgrade bug!

I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a timed Vega Nano and X300 mobo launch, then AMD will have the opportunity to promote quantum again unless that project is dead and buried.

16. Vault-Tec

Vega isn't coming until the end of summer. Right in line with the APUs, prolly.

The 500 series are coming first. Polaris 10 and 11, with the 10 being the better card. Not that it's confusing in any shape or form.

17. rollo

rollo Modder

The Vega delays mean AMD is basically competing against the next gen Volta as it will be launched within 9months time. It's worrying how far behind they are now vs nvidia in launch cycle terms.

Seems like the resources where there for the cpus but the gpus have been booted to one side.

18. Vault-Tec

I don't think so. I think they had a plan with Vega and have stuck to it. Any way, I doubt anything they do could change the situation with Nvidia. They (Nvidia) have been making money hand over fist for ages. AMD simply haven't, so they just potter along at their own pace. The RX 480 wasn't a game changer but it was a price changer and it seems to have done reasonably well.

AMD have Polaris 10 and 11 coming 11th April? something like that. These may be the ones that can perform like a 1070. No use to me, I am still looking for 25%+ that in the very least.

Oh, talking of Vega this rather ropey pic appeared yesterday.

[​IMG]

Can't quite make my mind up whether or not it's silver or white but promising none the less.

19. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

20. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Let the price gouging begin! Terrible behaviour, that. People have to be strong and resist the temptation to bend over and spread them just because stock levels are low, or retailers are just going to continue shafting their customers in the name of "supply and demand".