1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Ryzen build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sakzzz, 6 Feb 2019.

1. sakzzz

sakzzz Minimodder

Hello all,
    Been thinking about updating my CPU for a while now.. Since I am doing a bit of rendering on Keyshot on my 4k monitor, my trusty 2500k seems to be finally running out of oomph. Maybe the better advice would be to go for the next gen of Ryzens,but Q3 seems too long a wait. So, I am just looking to upgrade the CPU, mobo and RAM. Few questions on the build..

1) Ryzen 2700 or 2700K? There is a 63£ delta between them currently on amazon. £238 vs 301£. Is it worth the extra money if I can overclock? I have an H80i AIO cooler currently that I am looking to reuse.

2) Mobo..any suggestions? I am thinking mid range B450 ones.

3) Clueless about RAM honestly. I want atleast 16 gigs, not sure about the whole ryzen compatibility issues. Just want something that works.

4) Currently have a 530W be quiet pure power PSU. Would that be ok or need upgrading?

Budget is about £500-520 (lower the better). I play a bit of league of legends occasionally and non professional rendering. Used the 2500k for 8 yrs! so a bit of futureproofing for the new build would be useful.

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I’d go with the 2600 for now, and grab a 3*** CPU when they launch. If not, grab the 2700 as the X will likely overclock the same. I only have one as I had a dud 1700 for clocks and thought I’d be better off this time. Nope...

3. sakzzz

sakzzz Minimodder

Didn't consider the 2600 option but it seems like a good proposition.