1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress SA 360 - Shingart xbox 360 scratch build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Shingart, 17 May 2009.

1. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

God damn Micro$oft.

2. Shingart

Shingart Graphic Design & Customs

Cutting, clamping & snapping...

This stuff is real good to work with. 3mm and 5mm. think it would become more of a hard job if you started going any thicker I would think. used a new blade to make sure am getting a deep scribe so after clamping it will snap clean! Am still waiting on the milling machine in uni for the more harder cuts to be done. I.e - the face plate in smaller connections...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Shingart

First order!

First of the orders.

new hardware- XSPC 360 GPU/CPU water block - All Copper/low profile

Really nice Bits-power barbs and also anti kink coil from primochill plus coolent...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THIN AS YOU LIKE!!!!
    [​IMG]

BITS-POWER!!!!!
    [​IMG]

4. Shingart

The small hacksaw is my best friend so far, takes longer but I dont have much at hand. no workshop or fancy stuff. just a bedroom with a desk am not afraid to chop and scratch up!

Am finishing the CD Drive enclosure here.... hacksaw - file - sand Done in about 30 mins. Need to wait for the bond to set before smoothing this down.

[​IMG]

Cut out in card, checking to see if its right. All know cut out the face or lid of the enclosure so the Drive is locked in place.... leaving the section for the tray to eject! will be spraying it next few days so should look alot better after that... I cant get the CNC machine yet but so far av found cutting the pieces I need, to be fun. so gonna do as much as I can till its available!!! But Im taking my time tho, cause i have snapped a few blades and smaller pieces of acrylic.

[​IMG]

5. The boy 4rm oz

You know, I was actually looking at those water blocks the other day, thought it would be fun to modify it and use in on an Nvidia Ion board lol. The work is coming along nicely, looking really good.

6. Shingart

Yeh thanks for the comments guys!!!

7. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Cool project mate, nice to see a 360 getting a better case and cooling :D

8. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

Anything is better than their case though. It's so poorly designed. I took one apart a few months back, and I couldn't figure out where air taken in from the back went, not to mention that the drive practically sits on top of GPU heatsink.

9. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

i hope that you ment that the DVD drive sits on top of part of the heat sink(s):eyebrow:
    the HDD is on top of the box
    and yes air intake sucks
    but air out is via the fans........... you know in the back of the box:eyebrow:

10. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

I took mine apart this morning to salvage the CPU heatsink, and I get what you mean about the fans. For some reason I thought they were intakes :duh:

...and yes, the DVD drive.

11. denis6902

denis6902 deathbox

Wow shing, nice man. I like the design concept, its looking really sweet! :rock:

12. DonT-FeaR

DonT-FeaR I know what a fk'n Dremel is ok.:D

looks great man.. gunna be stellar!

13. Shingart

To Denis

Thanks man, yeh gonna pick up some of that foam card fir you on tuesday when I head into uni. I need to spend the money on my store account before friday any way. you will love this stuff man. really good for comming up with panel designs..

14. denis6902

denis6902 deathbox

sounds good, i will see if manage to arrange changes on my timetable here, let u know soon. Let me know when u heading into uni or when would u be able to use the cnc?

We also need to check the drill from the cnc, a nice drill would be ace for cutting the perspex.
    Have u managed to get a sample of acetal delrin?

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE! :dremel:

15. Shingart

Update on SA 360

Hi, been away on holiday but am back now, really want to steam on with this project now that am back. 1. Good new - Bad news.....

I came back from holiday to collect the face plate, CNC milled out from my uni workshop... it looks great.... BAD THING IS when I was away the machine broke down for some reason soon after milling out the faceplate. Now since uni is over for the year there planing on sorting it out after summer... so am a bit F**Ked, not to say i cant get on with the project but the fact that I have to cut out all the parts, shapes myself using very basic tools. They work very well and leave a good quality finish but it will now take longer... now that I have some spare time am not to bothered. gonna steam on!!

[​IMG]

16. Shingart

OK so am cutting out the ribs, fins from 3mm sheeting and spare pieces, took about 1 hour but they look good. clamped then together so I could file them down smooth.

[​IMG]

Now that they are done I can place them in their spine (black pane) ready to sit in place on the main enclosure I still need to construct.

[​IMG]

17. Shingart

the back plate that holds the Rad was surprisingly easy to cut out, 3 basic shapes of which most were square cut using a drill for entry points and a good blade to cut out, Using a card temeplate came in handy when trying to stay true when cutting. took ages tho!!

[​IMG]

now to bond the plate to the rest of the main enclosure.

[​IMG]

And Now the front plate that was milled out for me! Starting to take some form now..

[​IMG]

18. Shingart

Bonding the bottom ribs and spine in place.. This is me so far, will post more tomorrow need to take a break from the dust!!!!! :eeek:

[​IMG]

NEXT - the top ribs and spine....

19. The boy 4rm oz

The face plate looks amazing. The back plate looks awesome as well, the ribs are an excellent piece of detail.

20. bagman

bagman Minimodder

that looks so cool, a I really like the ribs and spine looks so sweet