1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Saboteur PC doesn't work with ATI

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 11 Dec 2009.

1. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

surely if its wrote using DX then it should work on both companies cards. Both cards should be able to run code, how well depends on the comapny and their drivers. So either

1)EA screwed up with their game code
    2) Nvidia "sabotaged"
    3) ATI screwed up with their drivers.

Basically it comes down to which company applies the most resources to get a game working. Nvidia made sure it worked with their card through the way its meant to be played, if ATI just left it to EA to get it to work then surely its a debate to who it should fall to to get it to work on ATI cards. Should ATI take responsibility for their own product or EA for making sure it works? Unti more information tho theres no way of saying what went wrong.

2. Psytek

Psytek What's a Dremel?

I've had similar problems with EA games in the past, and I have an nvidia graphics card.

Lord of The Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth 2 would not run unless you forced it to run on a single core in the task manager.

Also, the guy a few posts above says it works on his ATI card... therefore the claim that it doesn't work on any is obviously an exaggeration. Piss poor journalism to be honest... I'm kind of dissappointed bit-tech, stuff normally seems well written and researched on your site.

3. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Even though I don't think this is the issue given the fix:

Shader code that runs well on Nvidia hardware is not guaranteed to run well (or at all) on ATi hardware, even if the DirectX effect compiler does not report any errors. ATi drivers are very strict in their support for shader op code, while Nvidia is quite a bit more lenient.

4. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Your right crappy games don't work on ATI cards. I'm sure this game runs on ATI cards but just needs a patch or something to maximize performance.

Out of the 10 copies of this game sold so far one ATI card owner didn't update his drivers so now we go into DEFCON 4 and create a worldwide pandemic stating this game doesn't work on ATI cards. Sounds like someone is in NVIDIA's pockets.

Well fine then play it on FERMI. (whenever that comes out)

5. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

So, what you're saying is, that if one guy can get a game working, then without any further information than his graphics card (he may be one of the people who's already set games to run single core, or holding on to a single-core processor), you can completely dismiss the hundreds of others who can't get the game to run on their systems, and dismiss an article as "piss poor journalism", despite the links backing it up?

There's also the very real concern that, since the devs are now closed, there'll be no fix/patch released to rectify the problem. Now, I don't know about you, but if I'd paid through the nose for a broken game, with very little prospect of it being fixed, I'd be raging mad too!

On a related note, an article you got for free about a widespread and seemingly specific problem, that one person, in their first post on the site, can (for whatever reason) contradict, is not a reason to get on your high horse and bitch.

6. JTWibble

JTWibble What's a Dremel?

The forums are no longer filled with complaints, any threads with complaints or questions about the status of the patch are being deleted moments after being posted.

7. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

this is a weird but i think this is completely EA destroying that developer and shoving the game out the door.

8. friskies

friskies What's a Dremel?

"Saboteur PC doesn't work with ATI"
    Maybe it`s been sabotaged? hea hea!

MaverickWill likes this.
  9. TheUn4seen

TheUn4seen What's a Dremel?

That's "democracy and customer support by EA" for you. And a reason I don't buy any game with EA name on it.

10. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

huh I guess they took a page from Dell on deleting threads

11. Slizza

Slizza beautiful to demons

I have no idea how this problem slipped through QA... somebody is not doing there job hmmmm.

Still it's a great game.

12. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

That is a strange problem for sure. Maybe it worked on older ati drivers that they used in testing and perhaps the newer ones somehow messed it up. Also it is possible they never really tested it on a multicore system with an ati card but who knows...

13. SeewRipsmem

SeewRipsmem What's a Dremel?

Saboteur PC doesnt work with ATI

I had a similar problem with PS3MS when I updated java, although it was a while ago with a different version of java update 15 I believe. The java update gave no initial indication of any problem when it was installed... I remedied the situation the same way you did but to this day I do not know what caused the problem in the first place.

Tags: Add Tags