1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saddam Hussein Executed - 30/12/06 03:07 UTC

Discussion in 'Serious' started by quack, 30 Dec 2006.

1. quack

quack Minimodder

Source: Reuters

Last edited: 30 Dec 2006
  2. PilchY

PilchY Minimodder

Wouldnt like to be in iraq when it does happen.. the old saying sh*t is gonna hit the fan...

3. quack

quack Minimodder

Reports are now coming in that the execution has taken place just before 6am local time.

Source: Reuters

Last edited: 30 Dec 2006
  4. PilchY

PilchY Minimodder

5. quack

quack Minimodder

Al-Arabiya reports he died at 6:05am local time.

6. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I'm not sure if I can manage to say this without setting off the swear filter, but right at this moment I REALLY hate my country.

I only hope that Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld et al are brought before international justice for their crimes as well.

7. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

No f**king kidding. All this does is prove how much of a terrible country we are. I wouldn't mind sending Bush and his cronies to the international court and see how long they last. After they're out of office, though, so they can't get out of it by threatening to take away international funding.

8. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

Well, so long any hopes of a peaceful Iraq..

The American government should really learn not to take the strife of other countries into it's own hands, and shape it in it's own eyes.

I vote we hang Bush for his crimes against humainty. Through his own fickle mind and stubborn choices, he has killed hundreds, hundreds more than Saddam

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Same, why they thought stirring this up was a good idea I have no clue. Fools, that's all I have to say.

10. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

I would venture a guess and say it probably wasn't to "free" the Iraqi people from being oppressed. Armies don't take over countries because their citizens have winning personalities. Armies take over other countries because of the resources they possess, which is why we won't set foot in certain countries.

11. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

You know, I thought about that, but no, killing Bush and co would be no better than killing Saddam and if there is anything we should have learned from this it is that we either have to BE better or else we are no better.

Trying them before the Internatioal Court of Justice would not only serve justice, real justice, not the political crap we've imposed on the world, but also hopefully serve to make America aware of it's place as a member of the world community rather than some infantile bully with a bigger stick.

America needs to be broken, to be humiliated before the world, it needs to be made to understand that we can NOT do whatever we want and that we too are accountable to standards. It must be made to understand that these standards cannot be negioatable, that they are the same in good times and bad.

I think it was because they want to use the violence to justify the "surge" they are already planning. Dozens, perhaps hundreds of Americans and thousands of Iraqis are going to die in an engineered explosion of violence in the coming months.

I'm going to quit typing before I get any angrier

12. .308AR

.308AR What's a Dremel?

:rock: :rock: Where's the video?

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

:idea:
    Let's just break up into fifty countries for starts, and let each had-been-state have its own laws that work with their stereotypes. Not a solution, but it would probably help.

And I'm with .308AR - I can't find a video though :( I'm sure it'll turn up soon enough :rock:

14. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Thing is we're not even occupying it, it's just a war to 'liberate' and then, strictly in my opinion, en debt the country into giving us oil... it's not going to even be a U.S. controlled country yet we get 1000+ killed over there, that's what I find foolish.

15. Nezodon

Nezodon What's a Dremel?

I saw the news today about this i was surprised at my own reaction now it is over with, i was hoping for another way other than execution.

This whole situation in Iraq has been a hugh mistake from the offset and the reason for going to war was changed midway through war when it was found our reason for going to war was unustified, whose going to hold Blair and Bush acountable? I suspect no one.

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

17. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

Do you want to know what the most disturbing bit is. Its currently the last day of the hajj AND we are in the middle of 'Eid. (HUGE muslim holy holiday) AND its the weekend!

As such today, in the middle east, it is a REALLY BIG holy day! Killing people (any body) just dosnt happen on holy days let alone days like today.

People out this end are going to see it as a sign unfortunatly.

18. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Hold up...Eid is on Sept/Oct...not Dec/Jan. I do know its Hajj, ahh well .
    They wanted to make a statement at how importsnt he was so they got rid of him....Ding Dong The Dictator Is Dead!

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: 30 Dec 2006
  20. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

sorry to dissapoint but the muslim calender is different than our one. Its 1426 currenlty in the muslim world (thats the year not the time)

Eid floats arround all over the place and there are two celebrations of Eid every "year"

Im not too happy that Sad is dead. but its happened and now all we have to do is wait and see what happens.

oh, and im currently Bahrain visiting family (we are a very oil/gas industry oriantated family) and at the moment NOTHING is getting done due to the celebrations!

Blessed Eid!