1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Saitek Cyborg Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 7 Jun 2008.

1. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

thanks for making the request happen joe, this is exactly the reason I hoped for a bit-tech review before investing any money in the thing.

the saitek sticks may be good, but looks like they need to work on their mouse department

2. jubei2k1

jubei2k1 New Member

I've been using one for just over a week, I have been impressed so far and would like to add the following points,

Positive,

It fits my hand perfectly
    Its easy to program and switch between game profiles
    The hat switch is an excellent feature

Negative

The forward button is in an awful position and takes a bit too much pressure to press
    I still haven't found a decent position for the wire
    It features a red LED and everything else on my system is blue!

I have upgraded from an intellimouse explorer 2 and this is my first gaming mouse so I don't have the benefit of any comparison but I have found it a worthy upgrade for me.

3. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Re: (Cyborg is a stupid name) "...but at least Razer has an on-going theme"

Hasn't Saitek used the Cyborg name for it's joysticks and other gaming stuff since before Razer even existed?

4. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

what a ridiculous object, i'd be quite embarrased having that on my desk.

when my gf walked in the convo would go pretty much like this

gf: what is THAT?! (in the slightly bemused tone she uses everytime i show her a gadget)
    me: thats my new mouse, u like it?
    gf: well.......but.......you're 23?!
    (gets diamondback out of its box and returns stupid length adjusting desk ornament to whence it came)

5. koajoe

koajoe PC Gaming master race!

+1

6. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Well-Known Member

Ikari Steel Series and proud here.

That thing looks like a (old-version) Cylon Centurion mated with a Roomba.

7. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org New Member

Definition of "Cyborg gaming mouse":
    A creature initially created by Siatek Labs, the direct result of cross breeding a mouse and a gay ferret.

8. Psychojack

Psychojack New Member

I must react to all the non sense I read about this mouse on this forum. At least Saitek dared to create something new and that is not a copy of another product. Actually, I was surprised by the look of the mouse at first, then I decided to give it a try and it is great.

Quote:
    Ergonomics is king, not length - and, just as my girlfriend always tells me, it's what you do with it that counts.

Well, this is exactly the kind of remark which is quite stupid... What fits to someone might not fit everybody. Ergonomic is a question of taste, it is like saying spinach are disgusting, you'd rather say I dont like it... after you try it ! Because not everybody agrees.
    (By the way, your girlfriend was just trying not to hurt your feelings... - joking only!) Actually, I quite like the length adjustment, it helps your palm not to touch the surface below the mouse and the buttons have a good position.
    Of course the mouse is not perfect mainly because the software is quite difficult to understand on first use,but you get used to it.
    I never used a gaming mouse from logitech, and I am sure they are good, but I would not trade my Cyborg mouse.

To conclude, Saitek experimented a new product and they were right to do it, and as we say in France, "Il n'y a que les imbéciles qui ne changent pas d'avis."

Cadillac : Ergonomics has nothing to do with design, you dont buy a gaming mouse because it is nice but for its efficiency.
    Wolfticket : You are right !

And to the author of the article, get hand surgery because I dont see how your skin can get caught in the "gap" (come on) when you extend the mouse... or are you always playing with the length... thats not the purpose of this feature !

9. bineverlast

bineverlast New Member

I'm second owner of the mouse here?

Pros: Very strong macro support, I had a hard time deciding which button would do what, but that's a better feeling than looking at 2 buttons on the deathadder and trying to cramp extra functions in there. saitek lets you macro just about anything, even windows commands, delayed time, combos. I had profile 1 for windows, fully utilized the buttons for windows commands. profile 2 for FPS games, lowered DPI, numbered the buttons for weapons switching, programmed crouch and running. profile 3 for RTS, raised DPI, programmed directional for quick moving around the map. Overall, if you know how to use it and if you can (my APM is high :p), it's a strong gaming mouse.

Cons: Retarded shape hurts your hand after long gaming hours. Seriously, the shape is dumb as hell. I didn't think it would feel so weird and so hard to get used to. Talking about it brings back the nightmares. The length adjustment is useless, doesn't really matter unless you have an abnormally big or small hand.
    There are 2 types of movement in term of gaming: active - low DPI, lots of swiping, constantly picking up the mouse to reposition. passive - high DPI, minimal gliding. Well, this mouse will force you into passive style, you can't play fast even if you want to...since there is noway you can pick up the mouse when in game dues to the shape. So you'll have to set higher DPI and glide it around.

Final thoughts: I wish they made something more ergonomic. Don't buy it, what most important about a gaming mouse is how it feels in-game, and this mouse feels awkward.

Tags: Add Tags