1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Same overclock set as the i5 750 for the i5 760

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by robin banks uk, 7 Nov 2010.

1. robin banks uk

robin banks uk What's a Dremel?

Is CUSTOM PC (November 2010 page 116) they have a (HOW TO OVERCLOCK I5 750)

I am well new to overclocking so I would the setup work for the i5 760?

If not could someone give me a link to how to overclock an i5 760 or an amd 955 balck (if easy)

Sorry to be a pain.

My next pc build will be one to help me understand overclocking.

Sorry for poor spelling and THANKS.

2. Picky88

Picky88 What's a Dremel?

Overclocking the i5-750 will essentiall be the same as for the i5-760 I think, although you may get slightly better results with the newer i5-760. Make sure you have a good heatsink on there aswell, and keep an eye on your temperatures, the only way you can really break things is to let it get really hot.

Im afraid I dont know much about overclocking AMD chips.

3. Mr Pleasant

Mr Pleasant What's a Dremel?

Yeah the guide in issue 86 is fine to use for overclocking a 760, the only difference is it's easier to overclock than a 750, so instead of pushing it to the recommended 3.8GHz you can stretch it out to 4.1GHz instead.

4. Rofl_Waffle

Rofl_Waffle What's a Dremel?

Do note that overclocking is not simply copy and pasting someone else's settings.

Every chip is different. Even same model chips vary in quality.

Overclocking is a process of trial and error to get clocks working, not copy and paste.

5. favst89

favst89 What's a Dremel?

I used the over clocking guide in that magazine to do mine only real difference is that the cpu multiplier is 21 on the 760.
    I also required less voltage than they were using to get it to 4ghz, though maybe I just got a good chip.
    I would decide on a safe maximum voltage for each of the various options and then slowly increase the base clock until its unstable then fall back a bit (assuming the temperature remains under control). Then start reducing the voltage's a little at a time until its unstable and then go back up a bit.

6. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

what mobo are you using ?

I just built my bro a i5-760 rig last week and it's running stable at 4.3 ghz with a thermaltak frio HSF on a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4

overclocking is all fine and well but you need a reasonable motherboard in order to do it.

7. robin banks uk

robin banks uk What's a Dremel?

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2.

Also what volts did you use?

All the same but core?

And what do you think of the thermaltak frio HSF I was going to get one for my cm sout.
    (I think it will just fit)

Thanks.

8. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

i'll check on my bro's comp tomorrow for you, i think core was 1.425 can't remember others off top of my head, the frio is pretty good the cpu hits 69c on full load with prime running