1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Samsung expands its Odyssey Gaming Monitor lineup

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 21 Jun 2021.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. grimerking

grimerking Minimodder

The curved models offer 240Hz. Why have these screens reduced that to 144Hz?

monty-pup likes this.
  3. monty-pup

monty-pup Minimodder

I’m think as soon as Samsung release a monitor that doesn’t have a load of GSync users screaming about flicker, and it’s 1ms response and 240hz+, and 32”+ …. I might be upgrading.

Apparently they might have fixed the G7 32” flicker issue, but I’d rather buy something newly released that didn’t have that issue in the first place, and require a firmware ‘fix’.

4. grimerking

grimerking Minimodder

I have the G9 and I think the flickering is quite a specific scenario - Freesync + HDR. The HDR on this monitor is so dark, that I never bother enabling it. Freesync also seems to be buggy and I've had issues in Warzone where the frame rate drops to one frame every 3 or 4 seconds instead of the 120fps I normally get.

Due to these problems, I've set my monitor to 240Hz without HDR or Freesync.

IMHO the bigger issues with the G9 are:
    • Lack of USB-C that could be used for:
      • laptop charging
      • display
      • connect the USB hub on the monitor. .
    • No desktop control software to switch display inputs, monitor profiles, etc.
    • Split screen doesn't allow you to have one input in the middle of the screen with other inputs at the sides.

5. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Copy/paste from sales brochure? Ad-driven article?

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

With the mountain of issues HDR has on Windows 10 it wouldn't be worth the hassle regardless of what the monitor does anyway.

Tags: Add Tags