1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Samsung F2380 or Viewsonic VX2260wm?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Veles, 3 Mar 2010.

1. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

So I would like a nice new monitor, preferably a 1080p one so it doesn't go all screwy with my xbox's aspect ratio, and these are the two I've looked at.

The Viewsonic has been recommended as a great budget monitor here several times and is available on eBuyer for only £140 now. I've also seen it in action and thought it was pretty good.

The F2380 is a bit swisher (although still not knock your socks off good) down to the fact it's not a TN panel but £60 more expensive. I believe it's also slightly larger physically.

I'm currently using two poor quality £80 budget Samsungs that were bought several years ago and are now in need of replacing, they're fuzzy and images burn into them very easily.

I was going to get the Viewsonic a while back but decided to save my money, and bearing in mind the £60 difference in price is currently almost half of my monthly wages, I'm leading towards the Viewsonic which would still be a massive improvement over what I'm using now (which I have managed to put up with quite easily for several years).

2. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Member

3. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

^^ What he said. The F2380 simply isn't fast enough for gaming due to the lack of overdrive.