1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Samsung s7 Amoled Questions?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Leesy1, 15 Mar 2016.

1. Leesy1

Leesy1 What's a Dremel?

Hey all, I have just replaced my HTC M7 with the new Samsung Galaxy 7. I noticed last night that even if I tilt the phone a little bit the whites start to get a blue tint ( I think it's the whole screen but it shows up on whites). I found this quite jarring as I am not not used to this constant colour changing. I have check all the usual settings, screen modes etc that I can find.

Is this one of the downsides of Amoled screens or is it a defect?. I have seen threads were people say it'seems like an 'Amoled trait', 'pot luck on the screen u get', 'I RMAed until I got a screen with a much better panel'

Is this normal on Galaxy phones?. Is it worth 'RMAing' it (I purchased it direct from Samsung UK. Plus have already been on the phone troubleshooting it). My friend says hers doesn't do it but my brothers and his gf Samsung do. I'm ot sure what to do. Any help would be great.

Thank you, Lee

2. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

If it's a new purchase right at the start of your warranty I should think they'll be merciful on the RMA, so I'd give that a go. If there are people experiencing the same thing it probably isn't a defect, and if some people report getting better screens back from RMA it's probably just normal manufacturing variances. Plus if you RMA it for that particular thing they'll either refuse to do anything, and send it back, or specifically seek out a better screen sample to replace it. I doubt they'd replace it with an equally bad screen.

I'm surprised anyone's reporting success with RMAing for this problem, though, it wouldn't normally be covered. I guess they're just doing it to avoid bad press.

3. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

That's what Samsung AMOLED screens are like. However go into the display settings and change the 'Screen Mode' from 'Adaptive display' to 'Basic', it's a vast improvement.

4. Leesy1

Leesy1 What's a Dremel?

Hey ya, thank you for your replies. I have got used to it now. I guess that is the way they are.

5. BigDan

BigDan What's a Dremel?

FWIW I have a Samsung OLED and I don't even notice... probably something you'll get used to.