1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Samsung SA750 120Hz with Display Port Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tribble, 21 Nov 2011.

1. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

Well has anyone else had an issue with this monitor losing its display port connection, i have tried a different cable, no difference still drops it, and tried it on one of my other computers and still does it, it doesn't do it to often but that's not the point. so wondered if anyone had a fix for this :eyebrow:

Also the tridef software i haven't got it working correctly then i've not really looked into it, it's not like my asus 120Hz 3d monitors they were practicably plug and play, not that i use the 3d but i like to test all is working and is fun for a while.

So the Samsung does 3d within its own software but not the tridef for me, any suggestions. :thumb:

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Does it do it via DVI?

I am trying to determined if it's the GPU Display Port that is broken, or the monitor.

What's your GPU and manufacture?
    I was told about similar issue on the Dell U2410/U2711 monitor.. these uses LG panels. I am wondering if it's a manufacture that doesn't know how to do a proper firmware for it, or screwed on in designing the board, or that it's a simple GPU defect.

3. Tribble

Tribble Steals Avatars

I tested it on another rig with a 6970 and it did the same thing, my gpu's are xfx be 5970 + xfx be 5850.

The samsung 750 doesn't have dvi the 950 version does ;)

I did a little bit more research and over at hardocp http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1037808136

I think it may be an issue with the monitor.

4. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow What's a Dremel?

I have this problem too.

Every now and then the monitor will go blank and a message pops up that says something along the lines of the monitor might not be running at optimal resolution/hz.

If I pull out the cable and put it back in I get picture again. If I turn off the monitor and back on again, I get picture. It wont do it for a while then. Happens a couple of times a night.

Do you think my issues are the cable or the monitor?

If it's the monitor what did you guys do to solve it?

Thanks

Sy.

5. GoodBytes

Sounds to me it's the cable. Are you using a digital cable (DVI)? If not, be sure you use the DVI connectivity. If that doesn't help, Try another DVI plug on your system. If that still doesn't help then the monitor or graphic card is broken.

6. HonoredShadow

As mentioned above the monitor does not support DVI at all. It has HDMI and DisplayPort. That's it.

The cable I am using is the one that came with the monitor. If you want 120hz (which is what I want the monitor for) then you have to use DisplayPort but then I have that problem.

7. GoodBytes

Try a different Display Port cable. Are you using any adapters (that could be the issue).
    Else it's the monitor, is something is wrong with the display port open the graphic card.. could be a driver issue, or hardware issue.

8. HonoredShadow

I don't have another cable but I am a decent one if you know of one! I am not using an adapter. My AMD card had DisplayPort.