1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Samsung turns 2007 to 3000 (to 1)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 10 Jan 2007.

1. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Wrong side of the bed this morning? :cooldude:

2. Dustin

Dustin What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know how much that baby costs?

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Damn you and your brain eating Dustin!

4. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Cost for the panels isn't released yet :( The panels won't be available for at least 3 months in the US, so we'll keep you informed as soon as we know more.

For the shrouded ones, the shroud is actually part of the design and does come with the monitor. The 20" costs $1999 (and will be here in February), so imagine the step up for 30"... :) Like I said, aimed at professional graphics people. The difference between these and the 24"/27" (which are also 3000:1) is actually not the display tech so much as the active colour correction - that technology is very expensive, and a monitor that can display Adobe RGB as it will print is invaluable to a graphic artist.

The 24" and 27" are very impressive - and they are going to be much more affordable. Their target market is basically us - enthusiasts who want the top of the line image quality but don't need the fancy colour corrections. They'll be easily the most expensive of each size class of monitors, but not beyond affordability.

5. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

no, just grumpy that i probably wont be able to afford one of those for a long long long time

6. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Like the other 98% of us :(

7. gvblake22

gvblake22 mmm, yep

I was at CES this year and got to see this monitor in action first hand it is definitely beautiful. This was last in line of many computer LCD screens along the display shelf and I was impressed by all of the displays more and more as I walked along looking at them. Then I got to the end and saw this monitor and I seriously just stopped in my tracks and stared. I got right up next to it and just looked it over and over. What is even more impressive than the contrast ratio was the viewing angles. I could not get the image to distort no matter what angle I was looking at it! As I was "wowing" at the monitor I realized there was another person next to me doing the same thing and we both looked at each other with the same stunned impression on our faces. :jawdrop: :rock:

8. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

What was the source material? Static images only?

Tags: Add Tags