1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sandisk gets MP3 players pulled from show

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 5 Sep 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Can we laugh?

3. Glider

Glider /dev/null

Ouch...

4. Sinner666

Sinner666 What's a Dremel?

Is it just me or does this Sisvel dude seem like a whinny 3yr old who's not getting his way?

I mean his only real complaint seems to be that SanDisk developed and now uses their own MP3 decoding software or w/e instead of his. And if the report is right and SanDisk's method does not infringe upon this Sisvel dudes patten then I do not see where the German and Italian courts have gotten there standing.

I hope SanDisk wins and sues this guy for lost potential earnings along with the German and Italian courts.

5. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Sinner: Do you know the facts of the case? I doubt TWO courts would have sided with Sisvel (probably a company) if there wasn't proof.

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I wonder if this means the players will get pulled from stores? I was waiting for the 8GB ones to appear, but if this goes the way it looks like it might, I think I'll snap one up now...

*goes and orders one on Amazon*

7. Sinner666

Sinner666 What's a Dremel?

No. Hence why I said "And if the report is right...".

I haven't researched the case. Have you? If so would you be so kind as to enlighten the rest of us of the facts?

Its my opinion based on the information presented in the article which made it appear that Sisvel, man or coropration, is simply whinning that SanDisk came up with their own MP3 decoding software and now refuse to pay royalties to Sisvel because of it.

8. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

Yeh, thats really what they're concerned about.

They dont want companies to find another way to decode mp3s because it means they could stop gettting the hundreds of thousands in royalties they are currently getting.

I personally hope sandisk win this. I see the mp3 copyright outdated and pointless.

9. sunnyg

sunnyg What's a Dremel?

i can just imagine some burlly men walking in with baseball bats and pliers taking everything down.

10. pjotero

pjotero belgian

someday I wil take a copyright on the letter E and charge 1cent for every time someone writes it.

11. specofdust

specofdust Banned

According to the right honourable gentleman(slashdot), mathmatical patents are not legal in the Eu, which means this thing, is bogus. It'll be intresting to see, assuming the above fact is true, how quickly this gets thrown out of court and sandisk counter sue for screwing up their show.

12. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

quite amusing ...
    2 courts have ruled against them so far, so it doesn't look good for them
    but if it does turn out their wrong .... well i don't think they could counter sue, as it was the ruling of the court that forced them out the show, not sisvel

13. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i will invent another letter similar to E and use it instead of your E. you wont get my money. :p

as for this, it is stupid, it is impossible that 2 courts ruled that sandisk did something ilegal. i hope sandisk rapes them.

14. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

like using 3 instead of e :p

15. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Looks like it's now or never to buy one of these beauties, I should imagine the prices will be going up pretty sharpish :blush:

16. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Tags: Add Tags