1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sandisk Sansa e260

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 5 Jul 2006.

1. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Not to flame, but are you honestly that ignorant? All players support one type of DRM or another, and only Sony's miserable failure that were Minidisc players (which had all sorts of awesome potential) required it.

I'm very happy with my 60GB black iPod, and have no intent to trade it for anything else. Strictly speaking, I wouldn't mind something that I can just squeeze into that little inner condom-pocket thing in my jeans, but I rarely have that much stuff in my pocket so it's a problem.

I'd consider it as a secondary around-town player (if the price is right in the US), though I'd honestly prefer something that interfaced with iTunes. Really just because it's so much easier to manage playlists that way than through drag-and-drop.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Firehed, READ!

He refuses to buy DRM'd Players, not whether they support some kind of DRM or not. What he means is that he cant be doing with separate software like iTunes or Creative Media dodar cause drag and drop is FAR easier and can be done on any 2k/xp machine.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

a decent drag and drop player at last, im ****ing sold! \o/

4. wafflesomd

wafflesomd New Member

5. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

wwooow........

4gb, good price, and VIDEO!! plus long battery life and audio+video drag n drop wit auto converter...... new sherif in town indeed...

but, can it work as a flash drive as well? to store regular files?

ive been using my 1Gb shuffle for the last year and i dont find any problem with.. plays music, (almost) enough storage as usb thumbdrive + mp3s, and beautiful drag n drop for the files.....(audio using winamp, pretty simple too).... maybe time to change... hmm.....

anybody knows where can i find them in canada?? :blush:

6. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

I'm a little skeptical of the video feature. The screen looks much too small. The only time I can imagine using it is on a plane and to be honest, most long haul flights have movies anyway. Not sure who reviewed this but how many times during the two weeks of the review did they genuinely want to watch a video? How much can you get out of such a small screen?

7. Spearhead

Spearhead New Member

i was that impressed with the review that i went and baught it.... (with vat off at £106 for the 4gb, so even cheaper than an ipod).

i love it, it feels durable, easy controls although the scroll wheel felt a bit hard to move at first, the menu system is so easy, it looks amazing, its a nice sized screen for videos, some nice sample music in there, and a very easy to use program for syncing music, vids n pics too... what more can i say, true ipod crusher, thanks very much bit-tech for the review

8. Andreoid

Andreoid Anfi-tec Staff

hi!
    does it have a "hold" button?
    and does the control-ring glow all the time? or does it quit glowing by and by? so that it doesnt exhaust the rechargeable battery so fast...
    sry for my ****ing bad english ^^ ... i have never had any good skills in speaking/writing english
    <-- from germany ^^

9. Tim S

Tim S OG

Hi there, welcome to the forums.

There is a hold button and it works very similarly to the iPod hold button. Also, the control ring turns off a few seconds after you've finished using it.

Hope this helps :thumb:

10. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Your English is good, it's your French you want to watch. :p

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

you took the words right out of my mouth :rock:

12. Hwulex

Hwulex New Member

The extended battery life and drag'n'drop could sell it to me. Would like to demo one before I replaced my 4GB Nano, though.

Couple of questions if they can be answered by the reviewer, or another owner:
    • Is it a removable battery or sealed unit?
    • I assume USB charge, but do you get AC included?
    • How long is charging?
    • Does it charge whilst you are transferring, or only once it's been 'ejected'?
    • You say it's drag-n-drop, but go on to say songs are arranged by ID tags. Does that mean when you 'eject' the device, it churns through all your tunes to catalogue them all?
    • What happens if a file is missing it's tags?
    • Does it come in other colours?
    • Does it remember your song/video position if you turn it off?
    Think that's it for now. :blush:

And for those suffering with "ball-n-chain" iTunes (and other manufs' software), get yourselves a copy of Anapod (or relevant product). With drag-n-drop and explorer integration, you'll never look back. :D

13. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

To add another question to Hwulex's, does it have a random play function?

-ed out

14. nood1e

nood1e New Member

Hi, thought this might interest folks here, just read the great review and was on the verge of ordering one then I read about some issues with it

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9

in particular, the video limit of approx 10 minutes per segment seems a pita unless it gets a firmware fix.

Rumour has it that an 8gig version may be coming soon too??

Hmmmm, what to do....!

C'ya :)

15. Andreoid

Andreoid Anfi-tec Staff

thx for answering my question ;)

but,...
    o0? i just understand nothing ^^,..... french ?????
    joke? ^^

16. Noni

Noni New Member

Saw this in COSTCO, looks great!

17. nozzer

nozzer New Member

How long does the vid conversion process take

Any idea how long it takes to convert a 1/2 hour 640x480 MPG4 video show on say a 2400 P4?

FWIW buy.com (USA) are now selling the thing for $119 after mail in rebate.
    Thats about 70 quid UK, and if you have a good mate stateside they could probably put it in a jiffy bag as used gear, and slip it in under the 50 quid customs radar.

noz

18. pingthepiratehobo

pingthepiratehobo New Member

is the jack 3.5 or 2.5 mm? hate those tiny plugs -
    should bring back the 5 mm plugs for em :p

19. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

my question remains unanswered :p

can it store regular files?

I have a 1Gb shuffle and i used it to store files more than mp3.... but no screen, no videos... i travel wit trains n busses alot so if they do can store files, im picking one up...

thank you :)

20. Andreoid

Andreoid Anfi-tec Staff

"can it store regular files?"
    i think it is obvious because it provides drag&drop,...

Tags: Add Tags