1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Sandy Or Bulldozer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by james888, 17 Jun 2011.

?

Bulldozer or sandy Bridge?

1. Bulldozer (Amd)

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Sandy Bridge (Intel)

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  1. james888

james888 New Member

In the final thought of choosing what I should build.

Should I go with the Sandy Bridge with p67...

or...

go with the 990fx and be prepared for bulldozer?

2. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Well-Known Member

I don't think you can make this decision really until bulldozer is released.

It shouldn't make a difference waiting a couple of months as nothing is going to be replacing SB anytime soon.

HOWEVER, if you are currently running an AM3 rig then buying a new AM3+ board now and waiting for bulldozer does create the easier upgrade path and save you from shelling out a lot of money in one go.

3. Whindog

Whindog New Member

Sandy bridge is as fast as any1 will ever need. OC it to 4.5Ghz+ and your set for life.....essentially.

Unless off course your a pro video encoder or whatnot. For everyday use & gaming, you will never need faster than sandy bridge for a very long time.

4. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

^ This. Bulldozer is an as yet unknown quantity, so you'd have to be a die-hard AMD supporter to choose Bulldozer before it is even available. In any case you might be lucky enough that when BD launches in a couple of months it may drive down prices on SB, if you choose to go down that route instead.

5. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Well-Known Member

have to agree with all the comments here, sandybridge is as fast as youll need for a while but bulldozer is nearly here and it could turn out to be blindingly brilliant BUT i have a hunch i wont be brilliant at all (well it might be compared to core 2 or phenom 2) they keep putting it back because of various issues and it makes me wonder if perhaps they are trying to push the chips to much already? of course i could be completely way off the mark just my thoughts thats all, if you were looking to buy straight away then your only option is sandybridge as it blows everything out of the water.....for the moment

6. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

buying into a platform not even yet released or reviewed is a poor decision

so you have 2 choices wait for bulldozer and check the performance or buy SB now

7. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Agreed, investing in BD at this time is unwise. The reality is that SB is currently the proven and available solution. I love the idea of BD, but it will require patience, so all depends on if you're in a hurry or not...