1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4870 1GB Toxic

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 23 Feb 2009.

1. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I think you'd be better off with this one

2. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Yeah, but the Gainward HD4870 GS 1GB is supposed to be very quiet as well (the initial 512MB version isn't). And with bit-tech having tested both cards someone in the office should be able to tell which one is the quietest. :)

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

I'd get the Sapphire if I was spending my own money, but the heatpipe does make the card a couple of centimetres taller than a standard graphics card.

4. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Thanks a lot for the info, Tim! Much appreciated! :)

Off the top of your head, would you say it fits in an Antec P182 case?

5. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc New Member

Wow, take a look in the mirror fella. Here we have the best overclockable 1 gig 4870 this site has ever encountered, and of course you take THAT into account with a ZERO percentage ideal (for you red fanboi).
    Let's take a review on the FASTEST overclocked GTX260 and compare to the vanilla 4870 JUST BE AS FAIR AS YOU ARE, YOU GOOFBALL.
    Here comes the link, genius.
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2008/09/25/bfg-tech-geforce-gtx-260-ocx-maxcore/8
    Awww, that's too bad, your little fantasy is exploded all over the link, and it's from this website where your smarmy smart aleck red rooster fanboi mouth yaps up LIES.
    Try harder next time, red boy. YOU LOSE.

6. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan New Member

* Me takes comfi chair, bowl of popcorn & drinks and watches the rants...

anyway. I love Cuda with TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress for converting my Sony HD stuff a lot faster then the quad cpu in my movie editing pc. And afcourse CoreAVC ;)

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Silicon, you can calm down and write rational posts that don't sound like they were constructed for MySpace, or take a few day break, it's up to you.

I left the first post because it's just funny.. :lol: but three of them in a row is laboursome.

8. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc New Member

PS - you FOOL - claiming I didn't read the article....
    STRAIGHT FROM THE ARTICLE ITSELF, YOU MAROON..
    " What makes the choice difficult is that the Radeon HD 4870 1GB and GeForce GTX 260-216 are incredibly well matched not only on price, but also on performance across the board. Right now, the favour seems to have tipped AMD's way, but it could quite easily flip the other way when you consider that of the five benchmarks the Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB Toxic won against the GeForce GTX 260-216, two of them were by less than five percent. "

ROFLMAO - OF THE 5 IT WON - THE MEGA OVERCLOCK TO STOCK WAS ONLY 2% AHEAD, AND THE OVERCLOCK ACCORDING TO THE ARTICLE GAVE IT 5-7% MORE THAN STOCK 4870 1GIG - SO 2% MINUS 5-7% PUTS IT 3-5 PERCENT BEHIND A STOCK GTX260-216.

Now who can't do the math ? You IDIOT red fan boiiiiiiiiii !

BWAHAHAHAAAAA

9. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc New Member

I'll take the DAYS BREAK there mr MOD.

Next time just DELETE the retards post - the kook Goty who attacked, and we'll be fine.

10. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc New Member

Yes, the truth hurts the little turds, I'm CERTAIN OF IT. They're so BRAINWASHED it must really hurt.,

SEE YA.

11. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc New Member

Yeah, rational is THE FACTS, what you meant to say was "non-emotional" , right ? Or are you a red fanboi too ?

YES YOU PROBABLY ARE.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

LOL! This is incredible.

Come back in 3 days Silicon when you've calmed down.

13. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

He's funny... nuff sed. :p

Tags: Add Tags