Over the past few months I had been in contact with Sapphire. They had been wanting to do something with me but hadn't decided what yet. Then out of the blue it hits them:E3. My Mission: To create a Crowd Pleasing from Scratch Demo PC for their new Flagship hardware Debut at E3. The Problem: E3 was only two weeks away!! Que Burning Fuse and Mission Impossible music... I decided to suck it up like the man I was and go for it. I could sleep afterwards. Who cares about my day job, Pffft, I could do that job in my sleep. Time to test out that theory in practice. First I needed a plan. It had to be simple yet eye catching. Sapphire also wanted an add an element of Mystery to the Unveiling. I had been dying to try out making an acyrlic case out of this two-way mirror material I had seen on the Net. In Theory this would not let you see what was inside until the case was turned on and lit. They liked the Idea and gave it a go. Kewl.. I didn't have time to make anything super fancy. So I was going to have to go simple. A cube?? I know its been done.. but I was hoping the Mirror acrylic would make it look more like a chromed cube. I would also add lots of detail that would fit within the chilly theme. Here are my initial Corel created rough drafts: Even I thought that was pretty boring. Then Sapphire revealed to me the name of their new hardware. I cannot let you know this until the unveiling at E3 but it has to do with cold so.. We frost. Brrrr...Chilly Sapphire of course makes Video Cards so I wanted that to be the Main feature of the PC. I wanted the design to draw you to the GPU. With the planning out of way it was on to production. I ordered all the part necessary to complete the mod and hoped they would all arrive in a timely manner. Yeah right, what a joke. I tried to put the negatives out of my mind and just concentrate on the case itself. I ordered a sheet of 1/4" mirrored acrylic from my local Regal Plastics and began cutting. ( You will forgive me if there are some magical leaps in production With all the rushing I neglected to take pics of every single step) The cube itself was going to be 14" square. I cut up all the sides and the needed holes for switches and fans, and finished the edges, after wich I began to glue them together with weld-on. Here you can see my progress. I have 3 sides and the bottom perminately attached with weld-on. This left the back able to be detached for major maintanance, and the top able to be detached for minor maintanance. Here is an overview of my work area. As the days progresses this became ever more chaotic. After I got three sides together I began placing the Motherboard tray. It would sit directly on the PSU. So for spacing I had two PSU's placed inside to make sure the Mobo tray sat flat and even. I used these acrylic cubes with threaded holes as mounts.