1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sapphire E3 Liquid Metal "Blizzard" Demo PC

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Sheldog23, 16 May 2005.

1. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

WOW

For all your hard work I would hope you get to KEEP it instead of just "playing with it".

2. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

I think so...I know of at least three people in Austin that have won Rig of the Month. (myself included)
    Austin is a very high-tech and artistic place...guess it's just natural for them to merge.

3. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

That's simply amazing, so sleek and clean yet unexpected when the lights are fired up. Nice job!

4. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

omg wow, really nice work
    I really like the 2 way mirror :rock:

5. fieroloki

fieroloki What's a Dremel?

That is slick...And I really, I mean really like the motherboard. :D

6. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

impresive i tought that metal liquid cooling was just a crazy idea for the future but i was wrong

7. Sheldog23

Sheldog23 What's a Dremel?

8. advance

advance What's a Dremel?

Wow, and I'm not just saying this.. thats the coolest case I think I've ever seen!

9. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

:jawdrop: - is all i can say

REALLY like the sides on that case!! wish you lived in uk, would ask you to tell me where to get it from :D damn, really love it!!

10. QuinnDexter

QuinnDexter What's a Dremel?

lots of little red x's

:waah:

EDIT: working again now.. wow!

Last edited: 19 May 2005
  11. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

very nice, nice combo of white and blue lighting!

one small question: where did you find the threaded acrylic cubes you used to mount the mobo?

12. Sheldog23

13. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Dude, leave them the computer, ask for the ladies. ;)

Sapphire trying to give sex appeal to a mobo and gfx...wow.

14. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

oh that is so sexy good job sheldog :)

15. Mondak

Mondak What's a Dremel?

So I messed up the settings on the camera and they came out like crap. These are the best three.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Idiot behind the erroneous camera settings in the shiny reflective surface.
    [​IMG]

Overall, the PC looked very good, although there were some fingerprints on it that were very visible due to the mirror sheen. I talked to "Tony" head of Marketing for Europe (He worked out of the LA office) and asked him a load of questions about the new cooling technology and it's benefits. I listened intently and let him know that their booth would have been lost in the noise of the rest of the show if not for this unique PC Case that I "stumbled" on while walking the floor. I mentioned that it really carried their message through with the whole liquid metal thing.

Hopefully he mentions it to the powers that be at Saphire and helps build the perception that a custom case piece of artwork from a skillful modder like you can be a very inexpensive way to build brand awareness. I mean if you were in the Microsoft booth for example, they had these custom built seats to sit in to play their games all over. Each seat was like $10k for sure. Your work did a good job setting a smaller booth apart.

Sorry again for the crappy pictures. The little wheel thing went to a manual setting without me noticing and on the small screen they looked ok.

16. Sheldog23

Wow! thanks for the pics. They were great. Whats up with the prints though. They don't have windex in cali?

Thanks for the props and mentions to "Tony". I appreciate it.

I would love to see more companies embrace modders and modding. I think it is an excellent way to build brand awarenes. I mean I still can't think ATI without thinking about Zaps ATI PC and vice versa. There are many more examples of this I'm sure.

I think it would also be very innovative for the hardware and the case mods.

17. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Agreed...modding is a great way to bring a truly unique advertisement to something that is really "just hardware." I mean, it may work great and all, but enthusiasts often see things in an artistic light...we like our blingin' cases. :)

I think there's lots that can be done by the modding scene, and the fact that companies are starting to recognize that now is great. In most cases, it's "free" advertisement...because seriously, who wouldn't build a case for free hardware?

And what does it really cost Sapphire to drop that single mobo and vcard on you? Not much...they're getting produced anyways, one out of a million doesn't hurt the profit margin much, particularly for the spectacle they get at one of the biggest shows in tech.

Great job, sheldog...it's guys like you who help bring the modding scene to the public eye and help us all get sponsors.

18. kio_liex

kio_liex What's a Dremel?

This is a Cool case. I love it...

Hope you soon will get your play-card... :D

But I must say that it's quit expensive that plexi, why not "just" use normal plexi and some of x (don't know the name). X is used for car windows, and exist with the mirror effect...
    Here's a link to a danish site where another have used it:
    http://www.tweakup.dk/HTML/casemods/mod.php?id=2247

19. Sheldog23

The way I see it we're all on the same team :dremel:

Woah! Probably because I didn't even know it existed. Not really into car stuff. But man that would have been just as good. That stuff would also be pretty cool if you just wanted "Mirrored" sections on a clear case. Like say a mirrored dragon or for stealthing...hmmmm. :idea:

20. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

mmmm...ideas.... :idea: