1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Save games and steam

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mr00Awesome, 24 Sep 2009.

1. mr00Awesome

mr00Awesome YEAH SWEET LEMONADE

I'm looking buy Morrowind: Game of the year edition off of steam and I have a question for anyone who knows. I already have the original game on my computer and I've done pretty much everything in it(hence buying the game with expansions). Can I take my save game and transfer it into the steam file to use it there?

2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Yes you can. You need to find the folder where save games are stored in your steam directory. My advice would be to create some random save file, and then search for the extension.

Remember that you need to install all mods on the steam version you were using in your original Morrowind, or your save game won't work.

OT: Congratulations on a great purchase, you won't regret it! :clap:

3. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

there's no unified approach to save game files in steam, which is both irritating for people who use steam a lot, and useful for people who are migrating from an existing library. It should probably use the old savegame location; if not then it will be at least the same file.

4. mr00Awesome

mr00Awesome YEAH SWEET LEMONADE

Thanks all. I ended up messing around last night because I couldn't find the save game location in my original install. It seems when installing morrowind in Vista, they like to hide them. I've got it working now.

I always come back to this game very few months because it is so good. I only had the original game for my pc, but I had the game of the year for the original x-box. Due to the save game size glitch on the x-box, I never got to finish the expansions. I decided to pick it up on steam because i can't find a retail box anywhere.

5. fewigaming

fewigaming Banned

Thanks for the infro.