1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Form Factor SB61G2 Versions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Beatbox, 26 Jul 2005.

1. Beatbox

Beatbox What's a Dremel?

My housemate wants me to build him a new PC, so after a bit of thinking I've decided that a Shuttle-type system will suit him down to the ground.
    Given his budget, and what he'd use the system for, I was going for a Shuttle SB61G2, but when looking around for prices I've noticed there are several versions of this XPC. The differences between some are obvious, but I'm confused about the differences between the v3 available here, and the new v4 available here.

Could anyone please give me any help on this?
    TIA.

2. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

well i own a v4, best shuttle imo ever desined, none of that ugly plastic in the way of the io or the cd/floppy bays...., it looks just from a glance that the v3 has 5.1channel audio while the v4 has 6 channel, spdif connectors, and onboard video...

overall i love my shuttle, go for the v4, also from what i understand the v4 has better built-in support for prescott's... which leaves more possibilities as it comes to processors... :naughty:

Tags: