1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sc4mpi's V1000SLi - Stage 1 done.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by sc4mpi, 17 Jan 2005.

1. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

the cats taken joppo sorry :D

2. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Looking GOOD. Keep it up!!

3. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

Ahh my confusion is cleared, thanks bud

looking awesome, man.... keep up the amazing work :dremel:

4. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

sc4mpi, did you modify the chipset bracket in order to make it fit. I have the same block and I noticed the bracket come very, very close to the resistor that sits next to the green cap?

It looks like I may have to cut that piece off of the bracket. :confused:

5. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

hmm... i might have read this and forgot

what size tubing does the graph-o-matic take? as i really need a low profile chipset cooler for an SLi rig ive got planned.. if its 10mm OD ill be overjoyous ;)

take care

btw... your mods still looking schweet

6. stu_69

stu_69 What's a Dremel?

Look good mate. Keep up the good work. I wish I wasn't so poor so I could afford to mod my pc (infact I want to completely change everything)

7. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

Yes i bent the bit of the clip up that ,that came near the resistor (could have cut it off, but then it ruins the clip)

Yep its 10mm OD 8mm ID :D

8. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

thanks mate... thats really good.. hopefully it will work on a DFI SLi-DR... any chance of a picture of the space between the graphics cards and the chipset block, or would that be basically impossible due to the fact that the pc is now in the case

9. RetroPimp

RetroPimp What's a Dremel?

Wow man you have an awsome setup there. I have the same case and want to water cool it. I've basicly had the same idea as you. Putting a 120.3 rad in the top however when putting the rad in I noticed that if the fans were mounted inside the case it would cover up my PCI slots, rendering my Audigy zs usless. So i've been thinking about mounting them on the top of the case. But i'm thinking it might ruin the overall look of the case. So i'm stuck in a dilema. :confused:

10. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

i doubt the chipset block will work with the dfi as the second card will be sitting right on top if it.

I recon you can still fit a 120.3 there depending on what mother board you want.

If it wasnt a sli setup then you would have 2 pci slots free your could use.

11. [ShoNuff]

[ShoNuff] Minimodder

Welcome to the club. I am in the same boat. Like sc4mpi I installed a Evo 360 inside of my V1000 using my Abit IC7-Max 3. I have a OpAmp modded Audigy ZS and can not do with out it. I just bought this rad and the outside has a brushed aluminum finish that matches the V1000 pretty well.

12. ebola_one

ebola_one What's a Dremel?

I'm not sure if you're still pursuing the logo idea, but what if you come up with your design (text/picture/whatever) and laser cut that into a plexi/perspex cover.
    Attach some shiney metal (stainless Steel, Aluminium, whatever) over the top of the drive cage (where you have indicated), and "hover" the plexi over the top using some mother board stand offs or something.

You could even add some kind of light to the edge of the plexi to highlight the edges of the laser cuts. Or, have some soft glow projected over the metal.

Does my ramble make sense? :)
    Nice work anyway!

13. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

yep i am still persuing the idea, but im jsut waiting for a replie for the guy with the lazer cutter :)

14. ColJack

ColJack What's a Dremel?

what is the distance between the drive cages and the side of the case?
    could you fit a custom made thin acrylic reservoir in there?? with your logo stenciled on the side?? just a thought....

also, i don't know if you know about this, but gainward have a SLI set up for that motherboard with a special SLI waterblock...

they are also making a 512MB PCI-E 6800 Ultra now... ( 1Gb in SLI mode..... )

links and pics follow...

[​IMG]

Linky to the news page...

C.J.

Last edited: 23 Feb 2005
  15. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

Yer iv seen that gainward sli block before, its nice and all but:

1. it Wount fit under my top rad.

2. i wanted the abilty to remove the cards seperatly

3. it costs WAY to much for what it is.

4. only works for the asus a8n sli board (poor dfi owners :hehe:)

Res idea - never though of that before but would be a bit anoying if i had to get to the drives. might think about it though

512, 6800ultras - gainward is still developing them and 2x of them cost the same as my whole system put together... :eyebrow: , But i woulnt say no if they offered them for free :hehe:

16. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

5. it's a bit on the fugly side

and about the 512mb cards, it's still only 512mb effective in SLI mode since both sets of ram need to hold the sama data. Part of the reason 6600GTs don't offer even more performance improvements than they do in SLI mode, it's still only 128mb effective.

17. NicePants42

NicePants42 What's a Dremel?

6. It's aluminum.

18. PrometheusCon

PrometheusCon What's a Dremel?

DD has a new waterblock connector. I know you cant use it but heres a linky.

http://www.dangerden.com/ bahh front page new news

19. deadly-app

deadly-app What's a Dremel?

aluminum isnt really any worse then copper you guys...

The difference is not very noticeable.

20. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

I like the Gainward one, although I would have thought they would incorporate red in there somehow, seeing how everything they make is red. But I understand it is innovatek's hardware.

I think the DD one is hideos actually. Maybe it looks better in person but man is that thing fugly in those pictures.