1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Scan 3XS Scorpion-X PC Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 24 Mar 2011.

1. soviet_

soviet_ Bantros

I'm not sure most people who splash that kind of cash on a system are the type to read enthusiast sites anyway :)

2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I buy components from scan now & then & that won't change I love the free P&P when combined with bit-tech :clap: & often they stock parts others don't or have a better price but buying a pre-made system would never cross my mind from anywhere since the late 1990's when I tried building my own rig as I enjoy picking & assembling my own config too much :D.

It really is a gigantic cock up though letting a premium pre made system get to review without knowing it wasn't set right, this really should have been known before letting bit review it I mean wow it doesn't take 10 minutes to find out the temps aren't as they should be, I think if possible the cooling issue should be fixed right away & a quick supplementary review re-focusing on the temps & hopefully it hasn't gone to print yet in CPC, even if the tubing had to look un neat just for the purpose of getting the correct result included in the review would be well worth it imo & then once thats fixed the tubing could be laid out neat as it is in the pics :thumb:.

And then this muck up could just be looked at as a :duh::duh::duh: moment that was quickly fixed :D.

I'm guessing you are already onto that though :D.

3. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

ditto - will keep buying the components from Scan, but prob never buy a pre built system from anyone - enjoy the building too much.

4. murraynt

murraynt Well-Known Member

I don't get why people are complaining over the price.
    Anybody splashing out nearly 4K on a pc won't mind the extra cost of 200 pounds for immaculate build quality (Not taking into account the loop here :p )

At the end of the day Scan are a buisness and aren't doing this for the good of their health.
    They need to make a profit aswell and they could of asked alot more for this stunning rig.

5. EvoDOOM

EvoDOOM New Member

It'll be nice to find out the temps with the fixes made

6. ChrisP

ChrisP Retail Sales Manager

We completely agree that the system should not been shipped with this design error and Pete has explained how this happened. We wouldn't expect any customer to purchase a system with this build error and we understand this is a set back and the situation isn't ideal.

The good news is that the system will be brought back to SCAN and the water cooling system is easily fixed, which will reduce the temperatures of the system dramatically and the system will be reviewed again.

Hopefully then the system will be up to the usual standard of a SCAN 3XS system, which in the 11 Years I have been working here has been impeccable backed up by reviews and the awards we have won.

Best Regards

7. AstralWanderer

AstralWanderer New Member

Interesting to see a system with the Aquaero and thumbs up for using the VFD version rather than their backlit LCD.

On the other hand, it's a pity to see expansion limited with a front panel covering up 3 drive bays, radiator placement seems an opportunity missed (with the back of the case free of ports, having the radiator fitted to the outside rear - with or without a shroud - would have seemed better cooling-wise) and having a choice of colours and designs would seem a must for any high-price system - surely Scan could reuse some of their previous panel designs as options here? (making the 3XS branding optional would seem prudent too).

Tags: Add Tags