1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scan.co.uk Vs Overclockers.co.uk

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mother-Goose, 14 Feb 2007.

?

Which do you prefer (give reasons)

1. Scan.co.uk

70.0%
  2. Overclockers.co.uk

30.0%
  1. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

hehe I think I need to do a new poll with the top 4 etailors, worth while?

2. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I've used both and I like both. Scan is nice and cheap and OCUK has a nice selection of some quality stuff for quite low prices.

3. NoMercy

NoMercy What's a Dremel?

Always used OcUK, never been given any reason not to by there sales, service or support... price is a tad high sometimes, for which I got to Ebuyer.

4. Dustin

Dustin What's a Dremel?

Purchased 2 sets of 2GB OCZ 6400 Platinium 2 C4 memory today aswell as Razer Copperhead blue and G15 keyboard,and other bits.Its really easy to navigate and order while Scan is much more complex.

5. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Scan? Complex? Umm...you got learning difficulties or something?

6. Dustin

Dustin What's a Dremel?

Well i've ordered some stuff from them today and i dont see if my order is submitted.Dont know if its submitted at all.Is there any kind of sms confirmation becouse i've used another mobile number?

7. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Theres SMS updates for the four stages of delivery, a couple of intial emails to your account, and then theres the page at the end of the order process that shows you all your order details and tells you you just completed your order..seriously dude..how can you miss that ammount of stuff?

8. Dustin

Dustin What's a Dremel?

Well i guess i skipped the sms stuff.Or maybe its just becouse its sunday,i've ordered like 6-8 hours ago,maybe they need some time.No email yet tho.

9. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

TBH, I shop around for the cheapest package at the time, including delivery. My current motherboard/cpu/memory/graphics came from Komplett, case, some fans, cooler, router, keyboard and some extra memory from ebuyer, power supply from Scan, monitor from Comet, printer from Simply, scanner and speakers from Amazon, TV card from PC-World, mouse and DVD burner from the Discount Computer Supplies shop in Doncaster. Loyalty to one supplier is OK if the price is right.

10. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Neither

I use www.novatech.com, and i will tell you why, its only 20 miles away from my front door, meaning its cheaper for me to use "Public Transport" thats trains and buses than having something delivered from OCUK and Scan.
    And also, delivery is alot cheaper from Nova too :thumb:

Sam

11. iggy

iggy Minimodder

recently ordered a 500gb seagate 7200.10 from scan, recieved a 2nd hand 7200.9 that failed smart instead.

cant really reccomend either of them. scan for sheer amount of my time wasted, ocuk for being ocuk.

12. Lenny_Nero

Lenny_Nero What's a Dremel?

I go for the cheapest when its just run of the mill stuff, which is often Ebuyer (I just got Platinum Ed EL's - OCZ4001024ELDCPE-K 2x 512's for £60 quid from them last week), but I have just got everything but the main board from Scan for my RDX200 build because it was less money and in stock.
    They also deliver very quick, my last order was made after 10 pm last Sunday night and I had the stuff before 10 am Tuesday IMO that is about as good as it gets for any delivery I have ever had.

I like Scan and will be using them quite a lot more in the future. I was a big Savastore/Watford user having got stuff from them since the early '80's, but I noticed that the last few times I went there everything was on order with a 2 week wait... good thing I did not take the wait.

13. Oclocker

Oclocker What's a Dremel?

Scan vs OCuk is like Ghandi vs hitler..

ie ones run by a racist egomaniac (IMHO) the other isn't.

14. Mother-Goose

BUT you'd buy from Hitler if the price was right wouldn't you?

EDIT: Hitler being OCUK I am assuming....not Hitler as in the person lol

15. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Nope, I wouldn't. Havn't bought from OcUK in years. The service is bad but the owner being the man he is puts me off fully.

16. Oclocker

Oclocker What's a Dremel?

17. Mother-Goose

See I've never had a problem with OCUK, ever, only really just realised there were cheaper and better places to buy from, I've been using them for years, I never rated scan before this because their website is so shoddy it gave me no confidence