1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Scene Carving

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Guest-16, 27 Aug 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

it;s pretty awesome, and the best thing is the concept is actually remarkably simple!
    i love it when things like that are done :D

3. Dayains

Dayains Notamodder

Amazing!

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That's brilliant - still needs some work, and it'd be nice to see it working on a high-quality image but let's hope we see that about soon. :D

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Yeah this has been floating around the intertubes the last couple days - interesting stuff. But I'll wait for something higher quality than Youtube before I make any real judgment about it. Conceptually, though, it's awesome. If nothing else, for Powerpoint cliparts that always get distorted by the noobs that overuse them ;)

6. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

How can I get this?

7. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

While I agree the technology is fantastic, it does raise some serious concerns over how images are handled online. With this technology, when you re-size your screen, it decides to chop out portions of a picture that someone intended to be seen in a specific manner. Imagine what this would do to an Ansel Adams landscape or a picture of the Last Supper. I'm not convinced this is an entirely good thing. I certainly hope that as this matures, there will be a "do not carve" tag in either the HTML or in the EXIF data.

8. Darv

Darv Bling!!

That's pretty damn cool! Looks like it really works well for landscapes but for images of people it doesn't seem to work as well. Saying that, taking out the individual people on the beach picture worked really well.

9. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Prepared tech demos like the one showing it off are no more than just that.. demo....
    How it fares in real life is the real matter. Let's see it implemented somewhere and let ppl have their ways with it. A demo like that almost always looks really impressive, but the real life scenario turns out crap.
    Very good idea nonetheless.
    I will be impressed when he sells it to Adobe and they implement it in flash. Which is the only realistic way for it to ever gain ground. If they launch it as some separate plugin or the likes noone will ever really get to enjoy it.
    The thing is you need to reach critical mass when you want to implement tech for the mobile web and at this point it would only seem reasonable if it was distributed through either Symbian, Windows Mobile or Adobes universal flash, thereby also enabling it for everybody else as well.

Just my 2 øre

Tags: