1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Sceptre x22wg-Gamer 22" Monitor Woes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by E.E.L. Ambiense, 5 Aug 2007.

1. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Hello all.

I purchased an x22wg-Gamer 22" LCD from the Egg back in December. The thing worked great, for a TN panel, up until about 2 months ago when the DVI connection started to die. It would flicker then lose sync. Apparently, this is now a common problem with this monitor. If you read other users' problems with this particular unit on the Egg (not that I read the reviews all that much...:rolleyes:) it generally shows this is a bit of an issue. When I RMA'd the unit, the customer service rep was somewhat closed about why the monitor was doing this. I asked flat-out if there was a problem with the DVI boards in these things, and she answered 'yes' after a slight pause. That shows me that it's a manufacturing defect (thank you Capt. Obvious). Fast forward to late last evening, when I finally got around to setting up the gaming system for use with this monitor. I have had it back from RMA repairs for over a month or so, but never set it up. I usually assume things are fine. Big mistake, right? I unpacked it and set the thing up. Started up fine. 10 minutes later, I was on the net in a browser window when the thing started doing the EXACT same thing it was RMA'd for in the first place. I immediately started seeing red. So I pulled out the trusty laptop and shot an email over to customer service with the old emails attached and stated that it worked for a whole 10 mins before it crapped out from the same problem. Basically, I'm upset about it not working, but also that I paid an additional 25 bucks to ship the thing to them the first time and they sat on it for 3 weeks, and now I'm assuming I will have to again. And the worst part is, it seems like it's not even getting repaired.

The point of this post is simple. Do any of you fellow Techies have this monitor or perhaps a Sceptre at all and have had this or similar problems? If so, did you get the problem resolved? And if so, how many bullets did you use?

I'm wondering if I should just go back to my Dell FPW2005.

Thank to any of you that could offer any help or advice in getting this thing alleviated.

2. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Surely the 2005 is a better monitor by far?

3. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Absolutely. :thumb: I just have the Sceptre for gaming, due to the faster response time on it. Plus, size matters to me. :naughty:

I do have a bit of an update with the Sceptre issue. They are paying for the shipping to and from them for the 2nd round of repairs. I politely told them I hope this is the last time I have to send this thing in, because I have 4 months of warranty left on it. I told them I'd like to actually use the thing for those last 4 months before it lapses and I resort to bombthreats. :worried:

I guess I'll see if this thing works out in the end.

Tags: