1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Schematic Software / PCB Design for the Mac

Discussion in 'Modding' started by GreatOldOne, 12 Feb 2009.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

I've checked the useful links sticky (quite a few of the schematic editor links seem dead, btw) and googled around, abd the only Mac based software I can find is Eagle. The problem is, Eagle is not very intuitive to a noob like me.

Does anyone know of free / shareware native Mac Schematic & PCB editor, that is actually easy to use and doesn't require a week's worth of training to use?

Ta,

GOO

(If you're interested, the reason I'm asking is I want to roll my own circuits for a couple of projects in the GOOster... Low fuel warning light and shift light, to be exact.)

mvagusta likes this.
  2. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

I know Eagle is non-intuitive but once you get your head around the fact that it doesn't follow the general norms of programs it's pretty easy to use and well worth the effort IMO.

I'd be happy to give you some help if you like, I've done an awful lot of eagle stuff in my time.

Moriquendi

3. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Yeah, I'm afraid that Eagle is the least of the evils. I've never found free PCB software that is good.

I really hope that someone can prove me wrong on that though! :p

4. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Anyone try this?

http://www.mccad.com/FREEMACSTUFF.html

There's a 200 pin limit on the free version, but I can't see me hitting that with the circuits I'm looking to do (Most of the shift light design will be an LM2907/2917 to do freq to voltage conversion, and thats a DIL14)