1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education School Homework, need opinions

Discussion in 'General' started by mecblade, 8 Nov 2010.

1. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

Just send the guys from will it blend up there? Sure that'd do it.

2. mecblade

mecblade 14 year old Technophile

The hallowed nexxo has posted in this thread :jawdrop: :hehe:

Seriousness now, the solar unfolding sail thing would be a very sweet idea. However there are 2 problems.

1: This material has to survive the thrust of a rocket launch and from what i've seen, carbonfiber and other materials dont survive such thrust.

2: Carbon Nanotubes haven't even been used a lot yet! A huge amount of R and D would be required costing several hundred millions of hard earned cash, possibly heading into the billions section.

However, this idea is an excellent one and costs less than the entirely new way to get to space proposal and could be used in conjunction with the aerogel and the large space mirror thingy.

Buckytubes and buckyballs <3

@wuyanxu It's mainly about stealth and stuff like thrust vectoring, i'm pretty sure you'll know most of it. I did do a small section about 6th generation proposals with stuff like lasers, and more importantly drones/UAVs which look to dominate a future dogfight in the future.

@Tristanperry You need enough 480s to do that, although it will give Nvidia some much needed <3.

@DLDeadbolt Not homework :waah: , more of an assignment for the people who are interested in the STEM subjects. Still, the thing is i've got 4 people in the group i've been tasked with (i'm project leader :D ), i've told the genius that is known as Benjie Wang (seriously, he's doing his A Levels in maths in year 9 :Wallbash: ) to have a look at this thread and tell me what he thinks.

3. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

Just incase you missed it...

2M ^2 focused to 1cm^2 equals molten metor or steel.