1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News School massacre averted through MySpace

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 21 Apr 2006.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T. Hasselhoff™ Inside

if you want my honest opinion, i don't blame them for what they wanted to do if they were beign bullied because i know how they feel.

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I'm not sure MySpace deserves all the credit:
    In any case their suffering notwithstanding, mass murder seems a bit of an extreme reaction to being bullied.

4. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Yeah, just a bit :rolleyes:

Victimizing themselves doesnt help either. Its something that I (and basically EVERYONE) need to understand better; in some way, it is virtually always your fault in some way, shape, or form. The sooner you realize that and act on it, the better the situation will become. This is something I wish I had learned long ago :sigh:

5. LoneArchon

LoneArchon What's a Dremel?

I see they are trying to stick the blame on games which I don't think that would cause people to just go start hacking at each other with chainsaws. It is good thing they stoped it before they went ballistic on those 12 people. But they can not be charge with much as it is only intent to do not doing.

6. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

If it wasn't for those pesky violent video games...

:rolleyes:

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

for the love of god!!!!

does anyone have a light saber so i can hack up some guys at my uni?

i will give some one credit if they can blame the war on iraq on "counter strike"

another question: how many kids these days dont play games?

and what is the definition of "computer buffs"?

8. genesisofthesith

genesisofthesith complete spanner

It'll be hard to prosecute - how do they know the threats were genuine? Its easy to assume, but hard to prove...

I suspect the kids will be expelled from the school and possibly charged with possession of weapons etc. if any of the weapons didn't have a licence...

9. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N What's a Dremel?

if you want my honest opinon as well, no amount of bullying should make someone go on a murder spree. there are counselors in this world for a reason. guns are not counselors. i hope they get the maximum punishment.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Then you're just as bad or worse then they are. There's ALWAYS other ways out of things than violence.

11. LoneArchon

LoneArchon What's a Dremel?

Very true i just ignored it when bullies tried to bully me after a while they left me alone. But i am big guy so that was also a help for me as they didn't bother me as much

12. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

That's quite sad or pathetic that they resulted to violence because they were being bullied, if they were serious about not wanting to get bullied they would've talked to a teacher, parent, counsellor. The list is endless...

These kids seem like they are finding a reason as lame as "bullying" so they can freely kill people in their school, I hope if they did the SWAT or local police would murder them (not literally, lol) and give them a reality check.

13. TheColdLord

TheColdLord What's a Dremel?

Well, those kids may have a few mental problems. Violence is certainly not the answer. I do not belive that cumputer games are to blame. This is not the first nor the last occasion in wich cumputer games will be blamed for such a thing. :grr: :grr:

14. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

This weeks "School shooters played violent games and thats why they were gonna shoot up their school" story brought to you by the Greta State of North Carolina.

Sorry, I've been reading fark.com wayyyy too much lately :)

15. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I can't say "What they did (or might have done) is SO wrong" without feeling like a total hypocrit. I wanted to do the same thing every day I was in school. Obviously I didn't, but I completly understand where they are coming from.

The popular kids can and do get away with anything. Things happen in school every single day that would get the perpetrators arrested in larger society, but in school they're "just being kids". I remember in Middle school one kid who set fires in the garbage cans INSIDE the school. He was suspended for three days.

The bottom line is that the administration will not do anything about bullying, the parents won't do snything about it, and nothing short of violence on the part of the victims will stop it, after which they get blamed.

You want anopther example of this, look at the Duke University Lacrosse team.

16. scarecrow

scarecrow What's a Dremel?

Yeah duke very good point

ALSO JEEZUS Video Games are the easy blame no its not the video games to blame but society. Society leaves these kids out to dry so they are fighting back. A little extreme but everybody plays video games they are not the cause. I think anything can be blamed from the new shootem up movie to just watching the news at night and seeing what this country is doing. Video games are the scapegoat and get the feces thrown at them.

On a different note this is the first time I see myspace complemented. Most of the news is myspace perverts dangers all that stuff.

17. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

I suspect that the resorting to violence was more of a cry for help than anything else. Sure, it's bad and wrong, but a lot of times, if you're being bullied, you know that reporting it won't do anything. People get to desperate measures when they can't think of any rational way to get out of the problem they ae in.

18. .308AR

.308AR What's a Dremel?

You, and you alone, are responsible for your actions. NOT Video games, weapons, Hollywood, bullies, the media, George Bush, or mickey mouse. Kids who bully other kids just need an ass beating.

19. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

It's not often that I agree with you, .308, but in this case you are absolutly right! :thumb:

20. Preti9cboi

Preti9cboi What's a Dremel?

I'd have to agree that videogames is a scapegoat.

I'd also have to agree that talking to a counselor would not solve the problem. If it is possible to get the "bulling" party to appoligize sincerely then that would probably work.

Tags: Add Tags