1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratched up waterblocks

Discussion in 'YoYoTech' started by badman_mo007, 30 Apr 2014.

1. badman_mo007

badman_mo007 What's a Dremel?

I recently made my first order with YoYoTech for 2x XSPC universal GPU water blocks when they arrived I was disappointed to discover that the contents of each box was very poorly packaged. Both water blocks inside their respective boxes were loose and had no padding or protective film on the copper side and therefore have arrived with scratches on both the acetal tops and the copper bottoms.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am pretty sure XSPC normally provide better packaging for their blocks which makes me question whether these blocks were brand new to begin with or just damaged during delivery. Either way, you can clearly see that the inside of the box is full of indentations from the block smashing around in there.

I have tried to contact you via email but have not yet received a response. Reading this forum, I don't seem to be the first person to receive poorly packaged items (LINK).

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Those blocks aren't damaged, they're destroyed. I'm interested to hear what YoYoTech do about this.

3. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I have been checking in on this thread regularly, and I'm surprised at the lack of communication from Yoyotech. Have they been in touch with you, badman?

4. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

I would say that's a second or a return normally there blocks are plastic wrapped to prevent this

5. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Their customer services has really gone down hill lately

6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

It seems like The Bear wants to stay at 69 posts forever so he can enjoy his user title.

7. badman_mo007

Hey guys sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, I have not yet heard back from YoYoTech it has been about 2 weeks since I first emailed them. I will try emailing them again and see if I get any responses, but from what I have gathered so far I don't feel very optimistic about it.
    You would think that they would value their reputation on a forum like this, especially since this is where the majority of their potential buyers are.

8. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Telephone?

9. Unicorn

Apparently they don't answer their phones either.

10. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Hmm. This looks, on the face of it, to be very poor service. OP - try giving them a call, and if that fails, I'll drop a message to some of the BT staff to bring this to their attention. How did you pay for the order? If you get no reply, I would suggest contacting your card issuer (if paid by card) or PayPal to do a chargeback. That normally elicits a response from the vendor. :)

11. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I agree. I don't think these partner forums are provided free of charge to the companies that choose to use them, so I'm genuinely surprised that nobody from YYT has been in here for such a long time.

I never actually used the company even when it had a bricks & mortar store, but it's starting to look more and more like a virtual shop & PC building service as time rolls by.

At present, I'd actively avoid using the company, so it's going to take some excellent examples in this subforum to convince me otherwise!

12. Unicorn

YoYoTech failed me on an RMA years ago and I never ordered from them again. I RMA'd a faulty motherboard which had an intermittent problem, and got the same faulty motherboard back again with no note, email or any sort of correspondance. When I tried calling about it, I couldn't get anyone on the phone.

13. The Bear

The Bear What's a Dremel?

Sorry, Guys had some issues with login's all working now. Will look into it and resolve.

Unicorn - Dude we are not this bad, share some love. xx

14. Move Up!

Move Up! What's a Dremel?

Hi Badman_mo007
    Do apologise with the late response, as were checking our Support emails and we couldn't find your email, only to realise that your email was sent to Sales email.
    We are here to help to the best of our ability, sadly this email did get over looked with our sales team, however once we picked up on this, I am glad to say we have resolved this issue.
    As per our communication with yourself today I do hope you are satisfied with the outcome.
    Kind Regards
    Support@yoyotech

15. badman_mo007

Yes Thank you, I was very satisfied with the customer service once you got back in contact with me and I appreciate the professional way that you have handled this issue. For the rest of the Bit-tech community, YoYoTech offered me a full refund for both water blocks and allowed me to keep the damaged blocks for my troubles. YoYoTech has also promised to resolve the poor packaging issue with their supplier(s). Good work guys, I'm hoping we won't be seeing any more packaging related threads on here in future.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and suggestions on the matter, I really didn't think this thread would get so many views.

16. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Now lap them. It won't fix the top but at least they'll be usable.