1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Screw Farcry

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by boiled_elephant, 13 May 2008.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Enemies can see through foliage, and the environment is a giant pile of foliage. The trijans (sp?) can kill you in two hits, and do so if they get closer than 20 metres. And they're typically encountered in packs. In stark contrast to Crysis, the grenades never succeed in killing anything, only attracting attention.

I'm currently on the catacomb/crypt thingy level, and it's so absurdly hard that I've given up. I like a challenge, but this? I've got the most powerful weps in the game, and I still die constantly, regardless of approach.

So, as I said before, screw farcry. Screw it in the ear.

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

i think your right, i dont think ive died in Crysis yet, but Farcry i was getting my arsed kicked. The Ai is far superior on the older game.

3. boiled_elephant

I don't think they are, y'know. Crysis' enemies respond really realistically, and if you give them a chance, they'll mess you up, but you can trick them and stuff. Farcry's enemies were just laser-accurate and overpowered. No running away, no stealth or tactics - you either shoot first, or die :(

4. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

More chalange-ing is the word, sure in Crysis they react like a real team but they simply lack the force to kill you not to mention the nano-suit.
    If they got the combo of no suit with the power of the farcry enemies with Crysis Ai that would be good.

i wonder what Farcry2 enenmy is gonna be like.

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I felt the same way I played it. It gets worse too. The game has some great bits, but is very unfair. Enemies don't see through foliage though - they just hear you, so watch your radar.

6. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Yeah, Farcry is excellent. God I miss games that hard. Crysis was a cakewalk by comparison (Crysis pretty much was a caekwalk though).

Farcry is one of the few games where I've actually spent about 15-20 minutes going about prone, doing my best to avoid detection, hoping I've spotted everyone, and trying to pick of lone guards, simply because I know if I die I have to go a fair bit back and I know there's no chance I can take on the number of hard as nails enemies as are surrounding me.

In crysis you could just charge, get them all together, stealth up, stand still, then massacre with whatever. Easy peasy.

Also: Boiled elephant, stop being a wuss, man up, and win that game!

7. iggy

iggy Minimodder

i dunno, i found the aliens in the latter half of crysis a real bugger to kill. maybe i was trying to kill them the wrong way though

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Kill them the wrong way? You shoot them, then you shoot them some more, then they die - especially if you don't miss. The fact that the game is damn hard is what makes completing it such an awesome feat.

The final level is just about as deviously difficult as you can make a final level, btw.

9. cmberry20

cmberry20 Mad Scientist

Loved FarCry, might even prefer it to Crysis which I've only played once.

However, FarCry has one BIG problem imo - its those big buggers with those infinite, fast loaded, unstoppable rocket launchers on their arm. I fuc£!ng hate them... I'm serious - I almost smashed up my PC trying to kill one of those - in was the one thats in the hallway just round the corner after the lab. It also has loads of the smaller trigins with it. God, I hate them SOOO much!!!!
    The last few levels in the lava place where theres about 10 of em all firing rockets at you almost made me go out & kill someone just to get rid of the pent up tension!! :wallbash:

10. specofdust

specofdust Banned

And then you complete it, sit back, and bask in the glory of being a persevering god at FPS. ;)

11. boiled_elephant

Alright, you piggy sort of FPS God, tell me this - how do you defeat the huge fat...thing in Quake IV? In the semicircular room?
    Cos that really did seem impossible.

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I never said I completed Farcry :p

And I can't remember the end of Quake 4 (which I did finish) - but I'm guessing my answer would be: Shoot it.

13. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I finished Far Cry on Realistic difficulty once, but I knew the layouts of the levels and everything from a previous playthrough. It wasn't all that glorious - I felt more proud of doing Deus Ex on Realistic. Far Cry on high difficulty isn't a matter of persistence or ability - it's a matter of how fast you can hit the quicksave key.

And those rocket launcher *******s with the green dots on their chests - I hate them. Ten sniper rounds to the face with out killing them isn't realistic, it's bad design.

14. cmberry20

cmberry20 Mad Scientist

My point exactly.

But I do play all my games on hard as it makes them last longer & more challenging.

oh, to beat the last boss in that large square room in Quake 4 - If I remember correctly don't you just shoot the orb thing on the ceiling so that it breaks off & kills the boss. It was very easy at the time but its been about 2 years since I've done it.

15. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I can't even remember that boss in Q4, i do remember spending hours stuck on that last arena before the boss battle, i think i just hit the boss a lot with the dark matter thingy.

16. cmberry20

cmberry20 Mad Scientist

aahh... that was it. Didnt you have to shoot the thing on the ceiling with the darkmatter gun & that did something.

17. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Enjoyed Farcry, dencent ammount of play time and a good ammount of difficulty on one of the harder settings (challenging\Veteran). Crysis was far too easy even on the hardest setting :sigh:

That's the trouble with newer FPS games, they're short but also annoyingly easy even on the hardest setting :(

Q4 was a pisstake took an evening to finish, luckily I only paid £10 for it

18. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

What difficulty level are you playing on? I'm stuck on the part after you flood a large dome. The game is on maximum difficulty.

19. BlueTrin

BlueTrin What's a Dremel?

Actually Crysis is not that easy on the hardest difficulty =/. I preferred Gears of War gameplay honestly ... In Crysis you have a nano suit but in the hardest difficulty enemies see trough foliage and unless you go very cheap with your powers it is quite painful ... Crysis in the hardest difficulty = snipe then cloak then resnipe then recloak ...

20. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Crysis' suit made the game way too easy with the right strategy.

I didn't find Far Cry overly difficult, but then again I played through on easy first then again on normal. I never play games on painstakingly hard (at least not alone - I'm playing through Gears on insane with a friend right now, and it's my first time through... some places were still fairly easy, and others we died forty times)

Tags: