1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Screw size?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by scooby, 14 Aug 2005.

1. scooby

scooby Minimodder

The screw size I am looking for is 8-32 and the screws I want to use have sizes in 1/4-20, 5/16-18 and 3/8-16. From these sizes what is the closest to 8-32? 6-32 would be OK too.

TY :) for your help guys.

2. OmegaX

OmegaX What's a Dremel?

it goes 2-56, 4-40, 6-32, 8-32, 10-24, 12-24 (unusual), 1/4-20, 5/16-18, 3/8-16. so 1/4-20 would be the closest but it is quite a bit larger than 8-32. these also come in fine thread, i listed the coarse thread ones.

3. scooby

scooby Minimodder

Thanks OmegaX, thing is I found these at socket head screws at "Boltdepot.com" and they are what I have been looking for and they seem to only carry them in those sizes.

[​IMG]

Is their another site that you may know of that may carry these type of screws in the U.S. where I can order from?

TY :)

4. Jerm

Jerm What's a Dremel?

http://www.mcmaster.com/ The company I work for works with them a lot, they seem to have a really wide stock and assortment of things.

search 'screw'

in the main window pane, click 'socket cap screws'

then narrow down by the thread style (R.H.), thread length (full), thread size (8-32), drive style (hex socket), head style (standard), length (looks like 3/8-5/8), then material and finish.

5. scooby

scooby Minimodder

TY Jerm, sorry that I didn't say the length I was looking for. I need atleast 2" but thanks for the link, that is a great site I know I can still use it in the future. Man! I'd be a kid in a candy store if I worked their. :D

BTW if anyone is interested here is the link to Boltdepot.com http://www.boltdepot.com/ very good site for screws.