1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding screwless Hard drive rack

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Springs, 26 Sep 2006.

1. Springs

Springs Boing boing

ive been planning a mod recently and where i want to put my hard drive rack it will be unacessable for screwing the drives down...

was woundering, i know that dells and other cases use screwless racks would i be able to buy one off the web or will a whole case be in order?

2. the fodder

the fodder What's a Dremel?

I also second this question, I have been stuck on how to mount my drives so I can remove them with out removing my entire setup. right now I have 4 drives in a two by two configuration like this (= = ) if a line equals a HDD underneath my motherboard. and as it sits I have to remove my mother board to access the screws.

3. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

Option that you could build your own locking system, The dell's use a small screw in the standard mounts that fit into a sort of rail, and when it gets pushed in far enough it gets locked in with a lock mechanism. then to remove them you must (differs) lift a little tab to get the drive out, quite effective.

I am sure this could be done with some planning and dremel work :dremel: