1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search filter = Fail

Discussion in 'General' started by hobbs, 19 Jun 2008.

1. hobbs

hobbs What's a Dremel?

So, i got a new apple g5 case from one of my friends, and remembering that there were some threads on here about modding them i decided to search for them this is what i got.

"The search term you specified (g5) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer."

Awesome! i searched for "g5 casemod" next...

"The search term you specified (g5) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer. "

Super. So bit-tech how do I look for threads in project logs that include "g5" in the title? :sigh:

I know it is to prevent searches of in, a, and other things like that, but common this is just getting dumb.

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

g5* works :D

I actually tried to force the forum to search for G5 and a space combined. I used the google method of using ""'s

"g5 " is what i searched. The forum corrected it by itself for "g5*", which means that a space can be replaced by * when you search a two characters word

3. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

We always talk about putting in an IQ test as part of the membership form. I think this question can fill the part.

Seriously, did you wake up yesterday and just start using the internets? I mean, you joined a geek forum and complain that you can't find a work around for a 3 letter minimum? :duh: Dude, you=fail. Creative thinking skills eff tee double U.

4. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

The reason you can't search for "g5" is because we run mysql with a minimum word length of 3 to keep search fast and reduce the index storage space.

Alternatively you could type "site:forums.bit-tech.net g5" into google.

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

rowr, kitty has claws

6. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Ok, I was on the phone all morning with the power company. I might have vented a bit. And, as a semi sober adult, I apologize.

Seriously though, * = wildcard search.