1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Searching a specific website for an image

Discussion in 'General' started by Unicorn, 30 Dec 2013.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I was browsing and posting on Twitter last night during the Penguins game and came across a Pens fan's Twitter page from Pittsburgh who had tweeted some nice fan art and photos of her and her family at games in Consol. I saved some of the fan art to my phone for future use, but today when flicking through them I discovered that some of it was missing. It hadn't saved from the Twitter app to my phone's camera roll last night. I have the rest of the images, so is there any way to search Twitter.com for one of those images to find her page again and get the rest of them?

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

google image search?

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Indeed. You can upload an image or type a URL for it, and Google will trawl the internet for identical images. Very useful.

4. Unicorn

Tried that, and it doesn't actually allow me to search a specific site for an image.

5. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Although it won't let you search Twitter specifically for an image it will search everything Google indexes. So assuming it hasn't found anything at all rather than lots of identical images, if it's not there a more specific image search won't help.
    You could try Tineye as well, but the same applies.

A judicious Twitter search using keywords and taking into account the time you saw it might be your best bet.

6. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Do you have any of the fan art still? Could you try searching for that particular filename with one or more Google search operators? e.g. "fanartfile.jpg" site:twitter.com. You could also use the 'site:twitter.com' operator with "hockey" and "penguins," then do a Google image search.

That might at least get you a lead to the person's Twitter handle.

7. Unicorn

I also thought of that, but unfortunately I saved them to my iPhone camera roll which renamed them IMG_xxx when they were downloaded to my PC >.< I was really screwed on this one until she followed me last night! I must have tapped the follow button after seeing and saving her cool fan art, but forgot about it! When the Twitter follow notification popped up on my phone I recognized the name and knew I was in luck :)