1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Searching for Freeview+ PVR with "series link"

Discussion in 'General' started by Zoon, 2 Mar 2011.

1. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Does anyone have any recommendations for Freeview+ PVRs (HD a bonus but not required) which has a "series link" feature?

I've read that the Humax FOX HDR-T2 has this, as well as twin tuner, but I'm just wondering if I am missing a trick by just going for that one.

So, if you have a Freeview+(HD) box and you reckon its really good, please let me know!

Last edited: 2 Mar 2011
  2. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

The whole freeview+ standard (level 2) insists you have series links, it's part of the standard. How well it works is another matter. I suggest you visit either avfourms.com or digitalspy on a recommendation on which one to buy. I have the fetchtv smart box which I would say to avoid and my father has the humax you listed and he seems ok with it. The humax and the digital stream seem to have the least issues at the moment.

3. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I did find a rather lengthy thread at avforums with details on the Digital Stream, and liked what I read. With John Lewis' two years warranty for free I'm mighty tempted.

4. Highland3r

Highland3r New Member

If it helps, we have the Humax 9300T and it's been ok. There's a couple of small niggly issues with recording but nothing serious.
    Parents, brother and grandparents have the model (or 2) below ours and have no problems with theirs.

Apophis54 likes this.
  5. Mikee

Mikee New Member

I have the HDR-T2 and I'm really impressed with it. Picture quality is excellent, oodles of space to store stuff and interface is pretty good. Just had an update at the end of January that added access to iPlayer too.