1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Second 360 lawsuit filed against Microsoft

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 20 Jul 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

ill get you a pic of my gears of war disc to show you what it does to your discs and eit appropriately

3. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

i've had no problems and no RROD since launch. I don't think this is a widespread problem or as much as some people think and I remember the PS2 doing this atrociously too.

4. plagio

plagio What's a Dremel?

Looks like we have to wait a service pack for consoles as well before using them without issues.

5. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

I thought the extended warranty only covered the "red ring of death" and that all other issues were only covered under the original 1-year warranty.....hopefully I'm wrong on that, but if not...then man...more reason to get a PC or a PS3...

6. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

5million$ for a damaged disc?

I hope this is a company that is suing Microsoft, and not a person.

I really don't think it would cost any company 5mill.$ to replace some damaged discs...

(and i really can't see how a spinning drive can cause those kind of scratches...)

7. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

5 million in a class action lawsuit to be split by everyone in the lawsuit, which could be a lot of people. I have no faith in Microsoft in this issue. After more than a year of denying hardware problems and downplaying their poorly designed console, they just now finally admit there is a problem and take over a billion in losses. Now they are back to playing the the deny game about this issue.

8. kempez

kempez modding again!

Here's an idea: don't move the thing when it's on and has a disc in it??

Mine never scratches discs when I move it and it's off

9. Lucidity

Lucidity What's a Dremel?

Exactly, that and if you are really worried about it, keep it horizontal. Any of the systems from the PS2-360-PS3 are more likely to have a disc scratched in the vertical position. I don't move the consoles while they are on, and I don't stand them up, and amazingly I have never had a disc scratched. I hope those people lose and have to pay Microsoft's legal fees for being a bunch of idiots.

10. EQC

EQC What's a Dremel?

Well, to be fair, one of these lawsuits is in California -- that's Earthquake country. So what if the *Earth* moves my console while I'm playing a game?

(yes, I'm joking...and I'm pretty sure homeowners insurance covers damage related to natural disasters anyway)

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

<- he is still waiting for MS to fix the console before he buys one.

12. Particle Man

Particle Man What's a Dremel?

I modded my xbox with some third party fans, so far it's been running strong.

13. Skill3d

Skill3d Minimodder

colleague of mine has the same disk scratching issue. He put a disk in the Xbox 360 and it wouldnt play, he hit eject, disk scratchinated. He send his Xbox to Microsoft and they did repair it. Though the disc is still kaput offcourse

and no he did not move his xbox...

14. FrankBreen

FrankBreen What's a Dremel?

I have the disc scratching problem. My gears of war disc has gone from being perfectly new to being actually unusable now and guess what... my console has always being in the side position as they say it should.

So far my Dead or Alive 4 and GoW and my Star Trek Legacy have suffered scratches... i can send pics or a video even if needs be as you can hear the big noise it makes.

Also occasionally get told my Xbox 360 that i should insert my brand new Xbox 360 game into an Xbox 360 console!! Took me 7 attempts to get PES6 to even boot.

Sent an email to Xbox 360 support..... no response. I'm not a fanboy or anything but Sony pretty much kicks the **** out of Microsoft.

15. FrankBreen

FrankBreen What's a Dremel?

Clearly you were lucky enough not to have a defective machine. If your console scratched discs, randomly frooze, randomly rebooted & thought ur new games were DVDs i'm sure you'd be annoyed too.

My brother lives in a house where there's 4 xbox 360s and all of them have something to report. I dunno maybe its a regional thing or batch thing or something.

16. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Of course user's shouldn't move the console, but how come my Gamecube, PS3, PS2, and even Xbox can be moved without eating up the disc? If you so much as even touch the 360 while plugging in a controller or something in the back it has a high chance of giving you a nice little halo on the disc. No DVD drive should be that sensitive to movement.

Tags: Add Tags