1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Second attempt at 40K MMO announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 12 Jun 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I love the 40k universe, but this already sounds shockingly bad.

3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Not too bad although yet again they are just wheeling out the big 4. I would much prefer an MMO charting the progress of an ordinary imperial citizen or a rogue trader, something that wasn't just space marines yet again.

4. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

This is a IP that needs a good studio and a publisher with alot of money to fund to get it right, or it will like most mmo's flop and die.

Im suprised GW is allowing this one to go ahead since the last attempt with THQ went under, dawn of war or another spacemarine game is proably the best route for the 40k universe until the right developer and publisher can make a good 40k mmo.

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Unfortunately it'll always be SPESH MAHREENS when sales need to be made. Something to keep an eye on, but I won't be holding my breath.

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Don't suppose GW are too bothered, I'd have thought they make enough money from tabletop and from the previous warhammer games that they don't mind if a project doesn't make it, don't suppose they're funding them, just leasing the 'universe/brands' and taking a cut if and when it's released.

I may be completely wrong here though, no idea, :D :D

There's so much backstory to the Warhammer universe, there's loads of opportunities for games, including a huge MMO (from WoW style to Eve Online style), Dawn of War RTS stuff, FPS like space marine, and I'd love a mech warrior style game based around the Titan legions.

7. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Most of the profit is from model sales but digital revene has been increasing and its area that GW is looking to expand into.

Tags: Add Tags