1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Seen anything cool on the road lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by docodine, 2 Aug 2009.

1. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Lol how nobody every mentions porches here :D They're as common as anything :p

2. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Hey, some Porsches deserve to be mentioned. If I saw a GT3 RS, I'd be screaming all over this thread. Same goes for the Carrera GT.

Too bad not enough people in LA have the class to buy Porsches. They'd much rather buy ugly luxo-barges and slap on giant shiny wheels.

3. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Talking of Porsches...........an old brown 924 broke down in front of me this afternoon. I still have a soft spot for the 924, the first Porsche I ever drove.

4. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Geographic thing, I suppose. We have one Porsche on the drive, and definitely more than 15 on my road, including one GT3RS (orange on black), two Turbos (blue and black) and a Ruf CTR3. And three Bentleys (including one Supersports) and an Audi R8. And two DB9s - one a Roadster - and a V8 Vantage.

I'm sure Mankz lives next door to an even bigger roster of expensive metal, too, but TBH I haven't bothered posting any of them (except the CTR3, because, wow). They're not 'cool' here, just 'expensive'. The only 'cool' cars I've seen this week were Jonathan Ross in a black Morgan Plus 4 this afternoon and an old Rover saloon that had been used as a training aid by the fire brigade and basically sawn in half with the jaws of life. If I saw anything classic or American I'd be all over it within seconds.

5. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Half the cars you've posted photos of I've never even seen in person, LA's certainly got more class (or at least money) than most places. :p

I have been happy to watch the rise in motorcycles, though. Gotta love as the temperatures rise and the riders come out of the woodwork!

6. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

The weekend is here, the weather is warm and dry, and the state has no inspection of vehicles. There will be excess frivolity tonight. The race cars with license plates will be out.

7. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I never asked if he had any photo's but my friend had a near miss on Sunday afternoon! He lives in an old toll house so its right on the road so he parks his car and work van in a lay-by on the other side. Walked out of his house to get something out of his van, bends down to pick up a bit of rubbish on his path when something wizzes past his head followed by screeching, a loud crash and he gets showered with mud! WTF? Looks up and some idiot in a TVR came around the corner to quick, lost control in the rain and crashed into the field beside his house. If he hadn't stopped to pick up the rubbish on his path it probably would have killed him!

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I saw an Alfa Romeo 8c Competition in Manchester on Saturday:-

[​IMG]

9. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Nice! The 8C is very rare, not a great car though - but, so beautiful.

10. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Saw a Maserati GT downtown today, and a minute later, a bright red mini with a union jack on top. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I think I'd rather have the mini.

11. knuck

knuck Hate your face

It looks gorgeous and sounds amazing. I don't care if it can't take corners like Clarkson wants it to ;)

12. stonedsurd

+1 :thumb:

Probably a damn sight more nimble than most of the stuff that I get to drive (except maybe the DB9, talk about cornering on rails).

13. Torin

Torin What's a Dremel?

Saw yesterday on way Home a 1970's Lotus Elan Black and Gold God the sun brings out some nice cars

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Followed home by a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder last night.

15. stonedsurd

16. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Saw a metallic red Lotus Exige the other day, or at least I think that's what it was.
    -I had to look it up.:worried: It was one of those, "what the heck is that?" moments.

17. stonedsurd

At least you didn't think it was a Porsche (or did you?)

I have a friend who saw an Elise and insisted to me for the better part of an hour that it was a Porsche. It's been 3 years, nothing I can do or say will convince him otherwise.

18. fredericck

fredericck What's a Dremel?

I saw a deer that was trying to race with the cars. It was a bit creepy...

19. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Stonedsurd, I demand you list immediately the make and model of your camera.

It is NOT POSSIBLE to get photos that good on-the-fly. +rep

20. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Cannon EOS 50D. :D