1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Seen anything cool on the road lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by docodine, 2 Aug 2009.

1. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

lol u funny gai! :lol: Did the original car last 31 years? Really? Or was just about every single component replaced? It's funny enough to upgrade a car and call it a restoration, are we also going to pretend it's still the original car? As I was saying, who cares if the headers painted with high temp paint rust, so many other things will be rusted or need replacing by then anyway, rusty headers will be the least of it's troubles.

Besides, how many years before it's illegal for cars without ABS to be driven on public roads? 5 years? 10 perhaps?
    How about cars without ESP or airbags? 10 years? 20 years?

Sure you could keep a car like that old Fiesta on the road, but not without completely transforming it, with HEAPS of donor parts from curently modern cars.

Seeing how much you guys all love SUV's, here's some more:
    [​IMG]
    We were parked next to a development site, and all was well, until the foam pods decided to go for a run :lol:
    [​IMG]
    Modern crumple zones are lovely, if we were sitting inside we would have barely felt it :D

2. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Sporty Kit Car 3 Wheeler (2 Front 1 Rear) in white. Yet to find a picture on the internet yet however.

3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

It could be any number of 2CV based Morgan replicas, a BMW based "Grinnal Scorpion" or a Renault 5 based "Hudson Free Spirit". At least that's where I'd start looking.
    Might even be a scratchbuild?

4. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Yeah you're right, old cars suck! Let's bin all of them, bloody E types swanning around the place, BURN THEM, ALL OF THEM.

5. mvagusta

:eeek: U cwazy :nono: An E-type is most definitely worth restoring and upgrading! Are you suggesting a drop dead sexy E-type, a car which was painstakingly designed for beauty and performance, deserves the same respect as something that was designed as quickly and cheaply as possible, for the result of basic transportation? :jawdrop: That's blasphemy :sigh:

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Please just stop. mvagusta has no appreciation of interesting (yet normalish ) cars, and we have no interest in SUV's. This is just boring.

7. mvagusta

That's fine, so perhaps you can keep your opinion to yourself when I post a picture of an SUV, and I won't feel compelled to respond to your insults.

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

2 McLaren F1's in convoy down by Paragon in the back of Woking this morning..

And a load of ridiculously nice cars at Henley.. couple E-types, Corvette Stingray, Marcos, DB-5, DB-6, DB-7, DB-7 Zagato, DB-S and my favorite, an original Porsche 356 Speedster.

In other news, we've got an V8 Vantage coming in August :thumb: ;)

And when we move the father and I are going to build a Chesil Kit of a 356 with a Beetle donor

9. mvagusta

Must post pics when you get it!

Must post build log when you do it!

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

:confused: You mean when I expressed dislike for it and it's ilk? Hardly insulting anyone.

Aaanyway... Seen 5 Focus RS' today, they're all crawling out of the woodwork! No pics as I was driving unfortunately, but 2 green, 2 blue and 1 white one. Lovely. :D

11. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

White GT-R peeling away from a traffic light. Sounded like HEAVEN.

Then I saw a Testarossa parked near Santa Monica.

But the highlight of the day was a matte black Aston outside the local Mongol BBQ joint. Creamed pants, shrieked like a girl, the whole shebang. Then took pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wish I'd had my camera but...

EDIT: Ignore the tacky bodywork mods and just try and imagine the awesomeness that is a murdered out Aston.

12. mvagusta

oooo, flat black makes cars look bada$$, and that Austin looks about as cool as the batmobile :rock:

The Cayenne could benefit from some flat black as well:
    [​IMG]
    Yeah yeah Krikkit, I know, you think the Cayenne could benefit from a compactor, but even though the second gens are nicer, I'd rather have even one of these 1st gen models than my RAV4 :sigh:

13. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

Aston looks lovely, however the front bumper looks like it needs something spending on it - kerbed?

14. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Yeah, probably. Kerbs (and streets, for that matter) in LA are very hit-and-miss.

15. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I'm trying to get mine to do the same. What's it replacing?

16. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

[​IMG]

I think this is still the coolest car I've seen this summer. Dunno what it looks from the inside, but the outside was in such mint condition I want to believe it's also just right from the inside.

Krikkit: good thing your nick is red, I got a temp ban for virtually the same posts :lol:

But yeah please just drop it already...

17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

We had a Wiesmann GT Coupe until last year, but it was being temperamental so got rid of it and now the dedicated fun car is an original series MX-5, which is a complete blast.

18. Matticus

Matticus ...

One of the coolest pictures as well... nice one (I assume you took it)

19. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Ofcourse :) And thanks!

20. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I didn't know they'd managed to sell any Wiesmanns over here; I was under the impression that since it (like the MX-5) is a riff on the classic British sports car, if you were British you just bought a British sports car... Gorgeous car, though - did you have the straight-six (S54) or the newer V8 (N62)?

Family is currently considering a V8 R8, but I'm not a fan. I'd rather have the old Vanquish S back, or get a s/h Vantage. In the interim we're playing with my friend's '69 4.2L E-type Roadster - whose brakes, incidentally, I'm off to work on. CURSE YOU, LUCAS AND GIRLING! CURSE YOUUUUUUUU!

[​IMG]

Back on topic, the summer sun has brought out a few vehicles of interest round where I live, of which the most interesting is definitely this Morgan Aero 8:

[​IMG]

You might be able to spot some interesting part usage here - my MINI in the background was the donor type for the Morgan's headlights, which are transposed and give the car a kinda cross-eyed look.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 2 Jul 2011