1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Seen anything cool on the road lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by docodine, 2 Aug 2009.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Big old Aston Martin V8..

With the numberplate V8..

2. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

all you guys spotting teslas finally motivated me to get my pictures uploaded.

these were taken back in july. some friends and i went down to portland for a weekend and while wondering around down town we happened across this electric vehicle show. there was some pretty interesting stuff there and these are a few of the highlights:

first, the obligatory tesla:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this thing :D :

[​IMG]

im kind of a ford ranger nut so i had to drool all over the ranger EV conversion. i was a little disappointed that non of the rare factory electric rangers made it to the show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this beemer is probably one of the most professional looking conversions ive ever seen. the car looked factory in every way. he even had custom plastic shrouds and covers made to cover under-hood components.

[​IMG]

its also a range-extended EV. this is a picture (of a picture) of the generator that he installed in the spare tire well:

[​IMG]

i had never heard of a karma ecosport before, but this car just oozes style, class, and sophistication (and probably a little pretentiousness):

[​IMG]

solar panels on the roof. i cant imagine that these are all that useful:

[​IMG]

the interior was absolutely awesome. i wish id gotten better pictures of it :sigh:

[​IMG]

all yours for the low, low price of $107,850!

[​IMG]

3. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

A TVR Griffith & a McClaren mp4-12c; working in a posh restaurant means I get to see all manner of extremely nice cars parked up outside every day pretty much ( I'll just ignore all the Bentleys, Ferraris, Evoques and such... ).

Really must start taking my camera to work...

4. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

A friend of mine is on the Fisker Karma design/build team. Very cool cars.

5. PhillipM

PhillipM What's a Dremel?

Yep, I looked in a mirror.

6. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Some well to do older man who I pass on my regular commute has gotten himself a nice silver Karma. Makes for a good bit of eye candy on the drive home!

7. Prometheus

Prometheus Minimodder

Saw a Lamborghini Aventador on the M40 this afternoon, near Junction 4 heading north.

8. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Guy round from me has an old Nissan which looks to be converted to lpg judging by a bumper connector....regardless I found his stash of cars today!
    [​IMG]

Couple of 200s 240s a stag and a Ferrari...of questionable heritage (kit car)

9. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Didn't get a picture but I passed anew style Mustang going in the opposite direction. It was red with white stripes, also I had my headphones in so I couldn't hear it. :(

10. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Presenting to you, a 1927 Bugatti Type 35B, not exactly on the road but in my mechanic's workshop. It runs too and sounds absolutely beautiful. I hope to be taken out in it next year when he takes it to a show.

The shots from the back are a bit tight and they were hastily taken just before my phone battery died. Gonna take some better shots with my SLR next time I visit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Is that a particularly rare Bugatti? I assume its worth a rather large fortune?...

12. Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock Blistering Barnacles

@oasked
    No, it's a very small fortune in relation to a real Bugatti 35.

An orginal Bugatti 35 does not have hydraulic brakes; they had cable operated drum brakes (which almost fill the inside of the wheels) all round. They also didn't have rack and pinion steering; look at the pictures of any genuine Bugatti 35 and you'll see the steering arm protruding along the lower side of the right hand half of the bonnet.
    [​IMG]
    (the above picture is a real Bugatti)

I'm not entirely sure what the front suspension is from in B1GBUD's pictures (it's not MGB), but could be from a Triumph Herald or Triumph Spitfire.

The other giveaway is look at the exhaust exit the real Bugatti exit is on the LEFT hand side.

Just found another picture of the replica
    http://www.bugattibuilder.com/photo/displayimage.php?pos=-11310

It was built/registered in 1968 and auction by H&H in their Classic Car Auction at Cheltenham on 28/02/2007 to 01/03/2007

Link to the H&H write up which says it has a 1596cc Triumph Vitesse engine, so my guess about Triumph front suspension may be correct.

A little bit more digging shows it to be a TEAL (Manchester based) built by Mike King of Cooper (Formula 2/3) Racing.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: 24 Oct 2012
  13. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Thanks for the clarification Captain, I had no idea it was a replica. My mechanic obviously likes a bit of a story and I've been totally taken in! :blush:

14. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

lancia delta hf integrale, popping and banging out here in the sticks. Just wish I had chance to snap a pic

15. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Don't know if this counts? both cars are belong to the same lucky guy...
    [​IMG]

16. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

17. Captain Haddock

Captain Haddock Blistering Barnacles

Stuck in traffic northbound on the M42 tonight and what should burble past (all be it slowly) in lane 3

[​IMG]

Bit blurry but it was a peripheral grab from my dash cam; it's a Jaguar XJ220 with a 220... registration plate.

18. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

So pretty!

EDIT: was googling XJ220 and found this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 8 Nov 2012
  19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

Impounded Aventador... Supercars need insurance too!

20. RTT

RTT #parp

Shoreditch:

[​IMG]