1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sega - no more Dreamcast games

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 22 Jan 2007.

1. mobius9

mobius9 Minimodder

I could have sworn that there was an article years ago that stated sega was dropping the production line of dreamcast, maybe it was just the console. I think we all know how I feel about the DC though : )

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It dropped the production of the Console back in.. 02? 03? Some companies still produce games for it in Japan.

3. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Well, there are some enthusiasts that are reviving the MSX computer. And with great success. With support to LAN, HD, DVD and such... After all this, everything is possible!

4. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

The Dream cast was the generation of Game Cube, PS2 and XBOX. They got theres out first like the 360 did with the WII and PS3 and was there downfall being too early.

The Sega saturn was the generation with PS1 and N64.

The Dream cast was too early and died early thats all. Sega didnt give it a chance and pulled the plug :( Shame really.

Last edited: 23 Jan 2007
  5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

IIRC sega saturn was in the same generation as the PS1.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It was. The mega drive/genesis was the pre-PS1 and the same as the SNES, then there was the N64/PS1/Saturn, which Sega screwed up by launchin the Sega CD, then 32X, then something else...

7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

but weren't the Sega (Mega) CD and 32X add-ons for the Mega Drive/Genesis?

8. Cabe

Cabe What's a Dremel?

Still use the DC here, Powerstone and Soul Calibur are the order of the day, as is Sega Rally.

Great little console.

9. riggs

riggs ^_^

Yeah, I think what Bindi is trying to say is that by the time the Saturn was released, Sega had a bit of a reputation for screwing things up. The Genesis/Megadrive was a great console, but the MegaCD and 32x addons were a huge flop, and when the Saturn finally arrived a lot of peeps figured it'd just be another Sega disaster, and didn't buy into it (but waited a while and bought the PS1 and/or N64 instead).

10. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

i still love my little white wonder DC :) ...the only 'new' console system i own actually

11. Penrhos

Penrhos What's a Dremel?

This is a bigger problem to those of us that collect Arcade kit.

No more GD-Roms no more Naomi arcade games.

Arcade Versions Owned : Ikaruga, Melty Blood, VF4 FT, OutRun 2.

12. adam197

adam197 What's a Dremel?

I bought a DC from Game for £25 iirc, and got all my games 2nd hand from Chipsworld for a few quid each. Best console buy ever IMO.

I actually bought a game (Chu Chu Rocket) for 1p from Dixons. There was a label on it with 1p so I thought I would investigate further. When I went to hand over a £10 note for it the person on the till said dont bother :) The end.

Tags: Add Tags