1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Selling Advice - Break or Whole?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pointy, 11 Apr 2020.

1. Pointy

Pointy Member

Hi,

I hope everyone is doing okay.

I need to sell my old system, mainly due to lack of space and was wondering if I am better off trying to sell it as a going concern or breaking it up for parts. As a whole system what is it worth?

Rough Specs from my aging memory...

Lian Li X2000 case (the best case I have ever had, apart from the current one of course)
    Asus Z77 Sabertooth MB
    Intel Core i5 3570k
    Corsair 850W PSU
    Corsair H100 AIO cooler.
    16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengance RAM (4 x 4GB) P/N CML16GX3M4A1866C9
    2 x GTX 780 GPU
    Asus Xonar D2X Sound Card
    2 x OCZ Vertex4 256GB SSD

If I break it up, the big thing is the case. I remember when I bought it, thinking "man I have spent less on a whole system than I am spending on this case." :eeek: What is an X2000 worth these days, I can't seem to find any for sale 2nd hand.

I would appreciate any advice.

Stay safe people.

Regards,

Les

Last edited: 12 Apr 2020
  2. Pointy

Pointy Member

Yes it is a Asus Xonar D2X sound card, I also had the wrong CPU and updated the RAM info.

3. BeauchN

BeauchN Active Member

Generally, you’re better of splitting kit up to maximise the return. Whole PCs tend to be more difficult to shift.

You could put a price check thread up in the Marketplace to get an idea if you’re interested in what it might be worth. Though I’d hazard a guess that none of it will be especially valuable apart from possibly the case.

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Actually, besides the case, on the auction site Z77 boards like the Sabertooth pick up a pretty penny too.

5. Pointy

Pointy Member

That's the case all right. Yes it's tall but not as deep as other cases, which is why I wanted it, as it was the perfect size for the space I had. I have replaced the top USB panel with the newer one that has 2 X USB 3 + 2 x USB 2.(I still have the original as well) I just spent a bit of time cleaning it and have to say, unlike me, it looks pretty good for it's age. I also have all of the original accessories that came with it and even found the installation guide! I sleeved the cables, replaced the white fan connectors with black ones to satisfy my ocd and lastly cut a hole in the motherboard tray for easier cooler changes.

I can't remember exactly how much it cost but have a feeling it was around £250! :eeek: What do you think a realistic price is, for the case on its own?

Regards,

Les

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Really hard to say on that, there may be no interest and yet it may be one of those highly sought after pieces that rarely come up and is fought over.

Lian Li are often good value holders though.

7. Pointy

Pointy Member

I can't find any clues from auction sites, so maybe I will stick it up for an optimistic amount and lower as necessary. I'll do a backup of the system before I dismantle it, take some pictures and see what happens.

Regards,

Les

8. Pointy

Pointy Member

So far so good, MB, CPU & RAM sold quickly, along with the sound card, PSU & one of the GTX780s (The other one has a bid on it).

That just leaves the case, H100 & SSDs. (I am probably being very optimistic asking £150 for the case though)

Regards,

Les

adidan likes this.