1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling OS X on eBay - legallity and serial #

Discussion in 'General' started by Guido, 23 Sep 2007.

1. Guido

Guido What's a Dremel?

First off, I've never installed any Mac OS before, so I know nothing about it. Second, I'm not sure if this is going in the right section. On to my question. I have a copy (the real deal) of Mac OS 9.2.1 and Mac OS X 10.2. I was given these cd's at a former job and was told to "keep them - we have too many". At the time I was poking around with a borrowed Macbook from the IT dept and was interested in buying a Mac. That's the background.

Now on to today. I still have these cd's and thought about selling them on eBay. Now all I have are the cd's themselves. No paperwork, boxes, etc... Would it be legal to sell these? If so, is a serial # required? What would you suggest as a fair price?

Thanks

2. RTT

RTT #parp

3. Guido

Guido What's a Dremel?

That's what I was thinking. I was going to ask about $8-10 for 9.2.1 and $12-15 for so for the 10.2. Quite a few of the other Mac OS sellers are just selling the cd's, if you go by their pictures and descriptions. My main concern was having eBay close the auction or worse. Guess I'll try it and see what happens.

PS: My, my, what a hard hitting avi you got there, RTT! If she'd bring up her elbow that other lady would've went to the floor.

4. Akava

Akava Lurking...

As RTT seemed to clear up, it seems legal enough. I would just suggest you make sure its clearly labled that its OEM, or just discs. Good luck. :)