1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sennheiser unveils G4ME Zero and G4ME One gaming headsets

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 21 Nov 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. GiantKiwi

GiantKiwi What's a Dremel?

70 year history*

3. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

Ta, fixed.

4. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I don't know what it said before it was fixed, but I want it to have said "70 ear history".

5. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Aside from the mute and volume controls being on the headset, rather than cable, how do these differ from the PC-350?

6. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Yeah I'm holding up my PC-350s to the screen trying to find differences but they're all seemingly pretty minimal on the outside at least (aside from the colour changes). Having the volume on the earcaps and auto-muting mic would be welcome on my current set, I hate inline controls, can never seem to find the damn thing, that or it mutes itself without me realising because I dragged it across my chair.

If they're anything like the PC-350s though (and they certainly look like it) they'll be supremely comfortable. Plus if they've updated the earcup drivers, the sound should be even better to boot.

7. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

A palette swap, and some letters replaced with numbers. Sennheiser know how to make decent audio equipment, and apparently they also know how to make a buck from clueless punters (by taking cues from every other 'gamer' brand). Hell, if Beats can sell shite headphones for £200, at least with these you're getting something half-decent.

8. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

While the G4ME Zero look expensive as hell; looking at the actual stats for the headphones themselves; they're comparable to a midpoint between the HD 558 and the HD 598, so roughly £160 to £200 headphones by themselves (Using RRP).

The addition of a microphone, volume wheel and an auto-mute function probably nudges it up so that it's honestly worth that compared to the normal headphone range, and if they sound anything like my HD 485s; they'll be absolutely astounding in games with that kind of a soundstage anyhow.

Tags: Add Tags